Restaurant Preferances- For those that have Sailed

js

Hi.

My 45 day mark will be approaching next week.

I want to make 3 Speciality Restaurant bookings.

Can you please tell me your favorite speciality restaurant. We are not booking Blue since my dh will not enjoy the portions.

Teppanaki (for 10 people first night)

Cagneys (5 adults)

I need one more restaurant. LeBistro or Moderno I guess are the only other options.

Which one would you choose on Breakaway?

Thank you.

Hi.

Can you please tell me your favorite speciality restaurant. We are not booking Blue since my dh will not enjoy the portions.

Cagneys (5 adults)

I need one more restaurant. LeBistro or Moderno I guess are the only other options.

Thank you.

For every single restaurant on the ship you can find people who tell you that it is the one they would choose. So what you will end up with is a list of all of the restaurants. Not much help.

The problem is that I can tell you what I like and what I would pick, but does that mean it is going to be what you like and what you should pick? Probably not considering I have no way of knowing your preferences.

Go with what you know makes you happy..

BTW...Do you actually have a reservation for 10 at Teppanyaki? My recollection is that they have tables for 8.

Le Bistro is my favorite NCL restaurant, with Moderno a close second. With that being said, Le Bistro on the Breakaway is very problematic. It does not have enough seating "inside", and has an issue with too many large groups eating there (at least on our May 19 sailing). We had problems both nights we reserved there, as did many others - being assigned seating in the Atrium, which is very noisy, somewhat smoky (and I am a smoker), and not conducive to a nice night out. Both nights, we asked specifically for "inside" seating, one night we waited more than an hour (close to 1 1/2 hours) for a table directly next to the kitchen door, the second time being assigned the same area with our table divided in half (now a two-top) for the three of us. Moderno had a lot more "good" seating, and we enjoyed eating there much more this trip. Hope that helps!

Robin

Hi.

Cagneys (5 adults)

Thank you.

Hi Joy

What day do you figure our reservations will open up? Can't wait :D:D:D

We are booking Cagneys for the wedding dinner and Hibachi for one of the nights. I think that might be all I will book ahead of time. Was thinking about Moderno but might wait till we are on the ship and see if we want to go there or not. Not sure if I want to spend all those extra $$ for all of us when we can eat for free :eek:

For every single restaurant on the ship you can find people who tell you that it is the one they would choose. So what you will end up with is a list of all of the restaurants. Not much help.

The problem is that I can tell you what I like and what I would pick, but does that mean it is going to be what you like and what you should pick? Probably not considering I have no way of knowing your preferences.

Go with what you know makes you happy..

BTW...Do you actually have a reservation for 10 at Teppanyaki? My recollection is that they have tables for 8.

Thank you.

My 45 day window opens next week. I am going to either try to get 10 or 5 and 5. I will be calling and not doing online.

Le Bistro is my favorite NCL restaurant, with Moderno a close second. With that being said, Le Bistro on the Breakaway is very problematic. It does not have enough seating "inside", and has an issue with too many large groups eating there (at least on our May 19 sailing). We had problems both nights we reserved there, as did many others - being assigned seating in the Atrium, which is very noisy, somewhat smoky (and I am a smoker), and not conducive to a nice night out. Both nights, we asked specifically for "inside" seating, one night we waited more than an hour (close to 1 1/2 hours) for a table directly next to the kitchen door, the second time being assigned the same area with our table divided in half (now a two-top) for the three of us. Moderno had a lot more "good" seating, and we enjoyed eating there much more this trip. Hope that helps!

Robin

Thank you Robin. I loved LeBistro on the Sky and really would like to try Moderno, but my mother will be with us and isn't a big meat eater and I really don't eat red meat at all, although I do know I would enjoy the salad bar. I do not want to sit outside of LeBistro. My ds gets migraines and one of his triggers is smoke, which already has me somewhat worried with the reports I hear. I don't even think we can do the Noodle Bar for lunch.

Moderno, it's really fun and of course the food is great! The salad bar is filled with lots of fun dishes too!

Thank you. I know this has been getting good reviews. I may have to rethink Cagneys.

I think it is between Cagneys and Moderno.

I always wanted to try Moderno or LeBistro. If your DH is unhappy with small portions, you might as well go with Moderno and the all you can eat portions.

It will also be my ds-15, who can eat and my dd-19 (who is a meat eater but doesn't eat a lot) and my mom...I think I am taking LeBistro out of the mix and between Moderno and Cagneys.

I Love La Cucina The food was awesome every time we went. Teppankay is also a favorite. We will be trying Moderno for the first time in July

We are doing Tappenaki on our first night, and think Moderno or Cagneys another night.

When are you going in July. We are sailing July 21!

Hi Joy

What day do you figure our reservations will open up? Can't wait :D:D:D

We are booking Cagneys for the wedding dinner and Hibachi for one of the nights. I think that might be all I will book ahead of time. Was thinking about Moderno but might wait till we are on the ship and see if we want to go there or not. Not sure if I want to spend all those extra $$ for all of us when we can eat for free :eek:

Hi! Getting everything in order since this week and next will be slow at work :)

Today is 52 days until sailing so I think 7 more days.

I am going to book Tappenaki for the 10 of us (HOPEFULLY) for our first night. I thought it would be a good way to start our cruise. It is now between Cagneys and Moderno but I think my dd and mother will choose Cagneys (my dh would be happy at both). My dd doesn't like Italian food so LaCucina is out even though I would have liked to try there too.

We booked Sally BumBum for a private snorkel trip for July 25. Did you get any kind of real confirmation from Leon other then the e-mails and when you spoke on the phone? I have the e-mails and he said for me to call him the day before. I'm looking forward to it.

What are you going to do with your big party? Are you trying to eat together every night, some nights? We have 10 and I'm concerned about how we are going to eat in the MDRs without having to wait too long since my sister has 3 boys under 9. I wish we could call and make the ressies for the MDRs. I think our best bet is to get there when they open, although it is a little early for me but that would be better then waiting.

Hi! Getting everything in order since this week and next will be slow at work :)

Today is 52 days until sailing so I think 7 more days.

I am going to book Tappenaki for the 10 of us (HOPEFULLY) for our first night. I thought it would be a good way to start our cruise. It is now between Cagneys and Moderno but I think my dd and mother will choose Cagneys (my dh would be happy at both). My dd doesn't like Italian food so LaCucina is out even though I would have liked to try there too.

We booked Sally BumBum for a private snorkel trip for July 25. Did you get any kind of real confirmation from Leon other then the e-mails and when you spoke on the phone? I have the e-mails and he said for me to call him the day before. I'm looking forward to it.

What are you going to do with your big party? Are you trying to eat together every night, some nights? We have 10 and I'm concerned about how we are going to eat in the MDRs without having to wait too long since my sister has 3 boys under 9. I wish we could call and make the ressies for the MDRs. I think our best bet is to get there when they open, although it is a little early for me but that would be better then waiting.

I have an email confirmation from Leon because I requested one...stating the day, time, price, etc. Hopefully he shows up lol :rolleyes: What time are you booked with him?

There are 10 of us also. We are dining together on Thurs (wedding) at Cagneys and Wed (pre-wedding) in one of the MDRs. One night 7 of us are going to Hibachi. The rest of the nights everyone will do their own thing, so if we want to eat together we will, if not we can do whatever. So when we do our own thing, it will be 5 of us...me, D, 2 sons and 1 son's GF.

My older son (the groom) is planning our shows and will book for all of us.

Do you know if you can book the headliner? and is it always the same guy?...I guess that is the magician/comedian? Not sure if that changes from week to week. On Oasis, you booked the headliner but didn't know who it was until you sailed.

Can't wait!!! :D

I have an email confirmation from Leon because I requested one...stating the day, time, price, etc. Hopefully he shows up lol :rolleyes: What time are you booked with him?

There are 10 of us also. We are dining together on Thurs (wedding) at Cagneys and Wed (pre-wedding) in one of the MDRs. One night 7 of us are going to Hibachi. The rest of the nights everyone will do their own thing, so if we want to eat together we will, if not we can do whatever. So when we do our own thing, it will be 5 of us...me, D, 2 sons and 1 son's GF.

My older son (the groom) is planning our shows and will book for all of us.

Do you know if you can book the headliner? and is it always the same guy?...I guess that is the magician/comedian? Not sure if that changes from week to week. On Oasis, you booked the headliner but didn't know who it was until you sailed.

Can't wait!!! :D

Thank you. I just e-mailed Leon and requested he do the same as you. I asked for confirmation of date/time/ and price. We booked for 11:00 am. He asked if I wanted earlier but with two 19 year olds and a 15 and 14 year old I figured they could sleep in a little and if it was too early, I have to then think what I need to do the rest of the day to keep them busy LOL (My sister is actually not doing this with us but my dd's best friend's family is sailing with us so we are all doing it together).

We will be 5 at Cagneys the same night as you! What time are you trying to get?

It looks like the Glow party and After Glow party are on the wedding night so that should be a fun time for your family (I'm hoping to stay awake to go too LOL).

I asked sliceoflife last night about booking the headliner and she said yes that we can pre-book him too. I printed out the full week of the Dailies it was VERY helpful to me last night while I tried to get an idea of what we need/want to do each night since there are things I definately want to do and not miss.

I still want to do the jet skis but don't know where I will fit that in since we are doing beach days on Wednesday and Friday. Maybe next cruise :)

Funny you mentioned the Oasis. We actually had the Oasis booked for July 21 but once we found out the Breakaway was leaving from NY, I told my mother we should move to save on the airfare (she is the one taking all of us on the cruise and was also paying for the air so times 10 it saved lots of money). I was not sailing on Explorer again. We were on her in Florida when she first came out twice and then once out of Bayonne. I do hope to get on the Oasis (we love RCCL) sooner or later but now with Quantum coming out, I may need to get on that ship first LOL I will have to see the difference in price and factor in the air before I can tell which one would be better.

I see you are not signed up for the M&M so I guess I will just mosey over to the wedding table and introduce myself LOL How is your future dil? Is she involved in the planning as much as you and your son or is she leaving it all up to him?

Thank you. I just e-mailed Leon and requested he do the same as you. I asked for confirmation of date/time/ and price. We booked for 11:00 am. He asked if I wanted earlier but with two 19 year olds and a 15 and 14 year old I figured they could sleep in a little and if it was too early, I have to then think what I need to do the rest of the day to keep them busy LOL (My sister is actually not doing this with us but my dd's best friend's family is sailing with us so we are all doing it together).

We will be 5 at Cagneys the same night as you! What time are you trying to get?

It looks like the Glow party and After Glow party are on the wedding night so that should be a fun time for your family (I'm hoping to stay awake to go too LOL).

I asked sliceoflife last night about booking the headliner and she said yes that we can pre-book him too. I printed out the full week of the Dailies it was VERY helpful to me last night while I tried to get an idea of what we need/want to do each night since there are things I definately want to do and not miss.

I still want to do the jet skis but don't know where I will fit that in since we are doing beach days on Wednesday and Friday. Maybe next cruise :)

Funny you mentioned the Oasis. We actually had the Oasis booked for July 21 but once we found out the Breakaway was leaving from NY, I told my mother we should move to save on the airfare (she is the one taking all of us on the cruise and was also paying for the air so times 10 it saved lots of money). I was not sailing on Explorer again. We were on her in Florida when she first came out twice and then once out of Bayonne. I do hope to get on the Oasis (we love RCCL) sooner or later but now with Quantum coming out, I may need to get on that ship first LOL I will have to see the difference in price and factor in the air before I can tell which one would be better.

I see you are not signed up for the M&M so I guess I will just mosey over to the wedding table and introduce myself LOL How is your future dil? Is she involved in the planning as much as you and your son or is she leaving it all up to him?

hmmm.someone told me I can't book headliner ahead of time :eek: We are trying for 8:00 at Cagneys. We normally eat around 6 or 6:30 but the wedding is at 5 on the beach...so we will probably be back on the ship around 7ish. Yes we are planning on the glow party...I bought a bunch of light up necklaces and bracelets for all of us :D

I never end up going to the M&M...I never want to get up off my lounge chair lol I wish they weren't at like 11 on the first sea day. :eek:

We loved Oasis...going again in Sept but without the "kids" this time. I also love Explorer but I agree...been there done that (3x) Where do you live? We're in NJ 30 min from Bayonne

hmmm.someone told me I can't book headliner ahead of time :eek: We are trying for 8:00 at Cagneys. We normally eat around 6 or 6:30 but the wedding is at 5 on the beach...so we will probably be back on the ship around 7ish. Yes we are planning on the glow party...I bought a bunch of light up necklaces and bracelets for all of us :D

I never end up going to the M&M...I never want to get up off my lounge chair lol I wish they weren't at like 11 on the first sea day. :eek:

We loved Oasis...going again in Sept but without the "kids" this time. I also love Explorer but I agree...been there done that (3x) Where do you live? We're in NJ 30 min from Bayonne

So glad you said that about the M&M, I am the same. I do sign up but it is so hard to tear myself away from whatever I am doing at the time. I am going to make an effort to go there this time.

GREAT idea about the light up necklaces and brceletes. I'll get some for us. I'm sure my dd and her friend will be there. Little worried about two 19 year old best friends having too much fun on this cruise but I'm sure if I knew what happens when she is away at college, she would be locked in her room and going to school closer to home LOL

We live in Staten Island.

So glad you said that about the M&M, I am the same. I do sign up but it is so hard to tear myself away from whatever I am doing at the time. I am going to make an effort to go there this time.

GREAT idea about the light up necklaces and brceletes. I'll get some for us. I'm sure my dd and her friend will be there. Little worried about two 19 year old best friends having too much fun on this cruise but I'm sure if I knew what happens when she is away at college, she would be locked in her room and going to school closer to home LOL

We live in Staten Island.

haha my youngest will be a senior in college and I agree...we are better off not knowing sometimes :rolleyes: Where does your DD go?

I got the light up stuff at dollar tree. Where in SI are you? We used to live at the Oaks at LaTourette when we first got married (close to the mall)

haha my youngest will be a senior in college and I agree...we are better off not knowing sometimes :rolleyes: Where does your DD go?

I got the light up stuff at dollar tree. Where in SI are you? We used to live at the Oaks at LaTourette when we first got married (close to the mall)

My dd is at Muhlenberg majoring in Biology. How about your son?

I know where the Oaks are. I live in Westerleigh, not to far from Clove Lakes.

I have purchased the glow stuff at Dollar Tree for Disney and hope you don't mind

but going to copy you and go there for some for my family too :)

My dd is at Muhlenberg majoring in Biology. How about your son?

I know where the Oaks are. I live in Westerleigh, not to far from Clove Lakes.

I have purchased the glow stuff at Dollar Tree for Disney and hope you don't mind

but going to copy you and go there for some for my family too :)

No I don't mind at all...the more glow the better :D

He goes to Towson for Electronic Media & Film. My old boss's daughter went to Muhlenberg and now she's an admissions counselor there. :)

My oldest went to TCNJ and is now at Montclair State for his MBA and my middle one went to University of Delaware. I'll be happy to be done with tuition soon :D

No I don't mind at all...the more glow the better :D

He goes to Towson for Electronic Media & Film. My old boss's daughter went to Muhlenberg and now she's an admissions counselor there. :)

My oldest went to TCNJ and is now at Montclair State for his MBA and my middle one went to University of Delaware. I'll be happy to be done with tuition soon :D

My dd's Admission Councelor went to Berg and then worked there. Her name is Nicole.

I'll be happy too once all is done. My ds's HS tuition is very high (Independent School on SI) and so is my dd's although she does have a very good scholarship that is covering about 75% of costs so that is very helpful to both her and us. We visited UDel and I loved the area! What a nice college town and everyone was so friendly! But, money talks LOL

You must be a very proud mom having three sons all go to college. Go you! :)

Some people are "house poor" but we are "school poor", which I guess is a better place to be in if I have to choose a good point about it HAHAHHAA

Did your ds meet his wife at college? Think I'll try to go to Dollar Store over the next week or so :)

Happy planning and so sorry I gave you wrong information on the comedian. I got that confused with Second City.

My dd's Admission Councelor went to Berg and then worked there. Her name is Nicole.

I'll be happy too once all is done. My ds's HS tuition is very high (Independent School on SI) and so is my dd's although she does have a very good scholarship that is covering about 75% of costs so that is very helpful to both her and us. We visited UDel and I loved the area! What a nice college town and everyone was so friendly! But, money talks LOL

Some people are "house poor" but we are "school poor", which I guess is a better place to be in if I have to choose a good point about it HAHAHHAA

Did your ds meet his wife at college? Think I'll try to go to Dollar Store over the next week or so

Happy planning and so sorry I gave you wrong information on the comedian. I got that confused with Second City.

Ha that's her...Nicole :D she just got married a couple of weeks ago. small world ;)

No problem about the comedian...glad we have it all figured out ;)

Regarding college...Yes I am a VERY proud mom, but I actually didn't give them a choice about going or not. They got to pick where they were going, but I basically told them they had to go. It's hard enough for them even with a bachelor's degree to get jobs, but now it's almost like they need to get a masters to get anywhere :rolleyes: Two more tuition payments and I am DONE :D My oldest is paying for his MBA himself. I drew the line at 4 years each!

Did your ds meet his wife at college? Think I'll try to go to Dollar Store over the next week or so :)

Forgot to answer...yes they met at TCNJ...college sweethearts :D

He's pretty much been doing the planning for this trip and dealing with their wedding coordinator in Bermuda. After we get back they will be home for 2 weeks and then going on Jewel of the Seas out of San Juan for their honeymoon. She told him he could pick whatever he wanted for their honeymoon so he did all the research for shore excursions. (with mom's help....lol) I'm a compulsive planner :eek:

Forgot to answer...yes they met at TCNJ...college sweethearts :D

He's pretty much been doing the planning for this trip and dealing with their wedding coordinator in Bermuda. After we get back they will be home for 2 weeks and then going on Jewel of the Seas out of San Juan for their honeymoon. She told him he could pick whatever he wanted for their honeymoon so he did all the research for shore excursions. (with mom's help....lol) I'm a compulsive planner :eek:

Wow, how lucky. They get to go on another cruise. I guess you have to stay home for that one lol

We sailed the Serenade out of PR for the Southern Caribbean, I love RCCL so I hope NCL gives us hat same feeling. I was thinking about the Quantum but I haven't been on Oasis or Allure yet so need to compare prices but figure in air for Oasis.

The Admissions girl Nicole is too funny its the same one. Her last name began with K. What a sweet girl she was to us.

My dd has a bf from Berg so although way too early I wonder if she will meet her dh at college although she has quite a way to go after her bachelors and other schools. My ds is a rising sophomore in HS so I still have many years left of tuition payments but still dream of the day when they are done. I told my dh we will stay in the 2 story suite on Oasis on day and I would bet its after those payments are done lol

Wow, how lucky. They get to go on another cruise. I guess you have to stay home for that one lol

We sailed the Serenade out of PR for the Southern Caribbean, I love RCCL so I hope NCL gives us hat same feeling. I was thinking about the Quantum but I haven't been on Oasis or Allure yet so need to compare prices but figure in air for Oasis.

The Admissions girl Nicole is too funny its the same one. Her last name began with K. What a sweet girl she was to us.

My dd has a bf from Berg so although way too early I wonder if she will meet her dh at college although she has quite a way to go after her bachelors and other schools. My ds is a rising sophomore in HS so I still have many years left of tuition payments but still dream of the day when they are done. I told my dh we will stay in the 2 story suite on Oasis on day and I would bet its after those payments are done lol

Oh must not be the same Nicole...because her's started with R :eek: Interesting that there are 2 Nicole admissions counselors that both went there :D

Yes we have to stay home for their honeymoon cruise ;) But that's OK...DH and I are booked on Oasis for Sept :D

We love southern caribbean...we were on Adventure of the Seas a few years ago...great itineraries and we love San Juan. Royal is definitely our favorite line, but the wedding couple likes NCL for the whole freestyle thing. I looked at Quantum briefly but I can't plan that far ahead lol

Archived