Untried Wines

mame42

Has anyone tried either the Veramonte or Niner Merlot in the wine packages? I hesitate to order a package of an unfamiliar wine.

FWIW, neither of those wines were in the packages on the Noordam last month. The list on the HAL site and what is available on the ship are quite a bit different.

We haven't had the Veramonte. We had the Miner Merlot at the winery in Napa, both from the bottle and as a barrel tasting. It's a good, solid Merlot. It's not an outstanding wine, but it presents well and I would think that any Merlot drinker would like it.

Post #399 in Wines, and Corkage. And Bars... should cover all the bases. We ran the numbers and recorded them with each of the wines. We also have all of the expert tasting notes, but we didn't post them. This link should take you right to the wine packages post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42349036

I look at the various --navigator, admiral --- before I pick -- I usually pick the navigator - I recognize those wines -- you can make your own decisions.

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with any of the Merlots listed.

FWIW, neither of those wines were in the packages on the Noordam last month. The list on the HAL site and what is available on the ship are quite a bit different.

We haven't had the Veramonte. We had the Miner Merlot at the winery in Napa, both from the bottle and as a barrel tasting. It's a good, solid Merlot. It's not an outstanding wine, but it presents well and I would think that any Merlot drinker would like it.

Post #399 in Wines, and Corkage. And Bars... should cover all the bases. We ran the numbers and recorded them with each of the wines. We also have all of the expert tasting notes, but we didn't post them. This link should take you right to the wine packages post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42349036

Incredibly helpful. Thanks!

Incredibly helpful. Thanks!

You're welcome. Pleased to be of service. If you want the tasting notes, just throw up a post on the Wines & Corkage thread. We have interns from the Institute of Cheer watching the thread and answering questions. :cool:

You're welcome. Pleased to be of service. If you want the tasting notes, just throw up a post on the Wines & Corkage thread. We have interns from the Institute of Cheer watching the thread and answering questions. :cool:

Where do I find the Wines and Corkage thread?

Has anyone tried either the Veramonte or Niner Merlot in the wine packages? I hesitate to order a package of an unfamiliar wine.

We took some of our overworked and underpaid interns and tasked them with collating our treasure trove of data on Merlot - the movie "Sideways" be damned - and published it for you here:

merlot-notes.jpg

We did the Navigator package one time -- it was okay -- a couple of the wines were out of stick.

More recently we did the Admiral's package which we thought was a little better.

We wait until we get on the ship to find out what is available in the packages and if they are out of anything.

as a tip for carrying the club wine cases into our house. It tastes like wet newspaper to me. Cabs, Syrah and zins have more flavor.

Sorry. I'm a little confused here. What do you mean?