Onboard now in YC3 16008......

jchipgcs

Having an awesome time. YC is all that and a bag of chips. We're in the YC3, 16008 "Royal Suite".....NOT the Sophia Loren one.....the other one decorated in chocolate browns not bright red.

If there's any questions, I'm happy to answer.

Having an awesome time. YC is all that and a bag of chips. We're in the YC3, 16008 "Royal Suite".....NOT the Sophia Loren one.....the other one decorated in chocolate browns not bright red.

i know the balcony is odd - but is it still okay - we are in 16007 in a few weeks to brazil - but my friends are in 16008 -

Edited by marcoigna
did not finish

The balcony is "odd" as you say but yes, it's fine. You're at the very front of the ship, 3 decks up from the capitan with the same view he has.....THROUGH GLASS. However, where you first walk out the sliding doors onto the balcony there's a section with a low railing about as long as a regular balcony so it's kind of the best of both worlds. I wouldn't trade a "regular" balcony for this stateroom to save my life. Especially since I'm in the living room watching the annoying shopping girl ramble on, on the TV while my partner is passed out asleep in the bedroom with the door closed.

You could probably safely entertain about 8-10 people just in the living room of the suite, and another 8-10 on the balcony.

I WOULD book a lower category but it would be hard to not have a Royal Suite again.

The balcony is "odd" as you say but yes, it's fine. You're at the very front of the ship, 3 decks up from the capitan with the same view he has.....THROUGH GLASS. However, where you first walk out the sliding doors onto the balcony there's a section with a low railing about as long as a regular balcony so it's kind of the best of both worlds. I wouldn't trade a "regular" balcony for this stateroom to save my life. Especially since I'm in the living room watching the annoying shopping girl ramble on, on the TV while my partner is passed out asleep in the bedroom with the door closed.

You could probably safely entertain about 8-10 people just in the living room of the suite, and another 8-10 on the balcony.

I WOULD book a lower category but it would be hard to not have a Royal Suite again.

\

So wonderful to hear - and i am sure the Yacht Club is just amazing - have read soooo much and really no bad reviews -

Enjoy the balance of the cruise and eagerly await your review when you return...

Thank you for taking the time to respond and post....

Any tid bit of information you come across and wish to post - would be wonderful - but most importantly relax and enjoy and take it all in....

Enjoy the Yacht Club! Please say hello to Vasant (V) from Mary Ann and Tom. :)

Edited by Cruisergal1208

JCH,,,Please take good care of our room, we'll be there in August and are looking forward to our first time aboard the Divina. Since I'm a camera buff, I do have one question if you don't mind. Is there enough of room on the balcony for a standard size camera tripod? The balcony appears to be very wide but not sure about the depth. Thanks for taking the time out of your vacation to answer my question,,many Thanks!!!

JCH,,,Please take good care of our room, we'll be there in August and are looking forward to our first time aboard the Divina. Since I'm a camera buff, I do have one question if you don't mind. Is there enough of room on the balcony for a standard size camera tripod? The balcony appears to be very wide but not sure about the depth. Thanks for taking the time out of your vacation to answer my question,,many Thanks!!!

Does this shot help? I think it's plenty wide at the unobstructed view part.

ImageUploadedByForums1398795164.571499.jpg.a433fa52ecce344c30727a92367b83e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Does this shot help? I think it's plenty wide at the unobstructed view part.

[ATTACH]311012[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That should work just fine. Thank You so much for the pic!!! It helped quite a bit!!

...but booked a YC3 for next time. I LOVED the YC2.

I can tell by pictures that the YC3 has less square footage in the room but we wanted to try the balcony. The rooms appear a bit smaller and it looks like the dressing table area is in the bedroom instead of its own area.

I also think the bathroom is smaller.The YC2 had 2 sinks and a seperate shower with shower jet panel. Is there a seperate shower? Hate stepping up over the tub, but will make do if necessary.

Tough decisions :O)

But....anywhere in the Yacht Club is incredible. I do not think you can find anything else at sea to compare for the price and dedicated space on the ship.

We are booked in the YC2 for an August sailing. On NCL, suite guests have a captain's reception. Anything similar on the Divina for Yacht Club Guests? Thanks.

Yes, it is a very nice reception. The Captain will come to the Top Sail Lounge and go to each table to speak with the YC guests and pose for pictures. You do not stand in line to meet him as on other ships. He is very friendly and personable. Enjoy your time in the YC.

Edited by Cruisergal1208

Shippy, check out this video:

In the YC2, the TV in the living room was much larger and mounted on the middle of the wall.....same in the bedroom. There were 2 closets and the bathroom was probably 50% bigger. However....

I am going to stick with my YC3 cabin. Got to try it because of the balcony.

If we make another cruise after that I have a hunch I will go back to the YC2.

Pricing was very close.

The best part for both cabins is 2 seperate rooms.

Needed a siesta every day on the last cruise....Too much wine with lunch :O)