Outside Deck on Epic

Roe-Z

I just returned from cruising on the Getaway and must say it was awesome! I loved the deck on level 8 for relaxing or just to take a break.

Can someone tell me if there is a deck (besides the pool area) on the Epic with lounge chairs? It looks like deck 7, but it refers to a walk/jogging track. Also, not interested in the 'sun deck'.

I wish the Getaway did a Western; I would have booked them again. Last night I booked the Epic so now I'm trying to get a 'feel' for the ship.

thanks

Can someone tell me if there is a deck (besides the pool area) on the Epic with lounge chairs? It looks like deck 7, but it refers to a walk/jogging track. Also, not interested in the 'sun deck'.

The walking/jogging track on the Epic is just that (plus deck games). No lounge chairs, and you wouldn't want to sit there anyway.

I seem to recall a great area for sitting (and napping! :o ) up on Deck 15. Yes, they were so comfortable that we both fell asleep in them one day!

Back near the Marketplace/Video Arcade area, there were these awesome oversized chair/loungers all over. Some were in an enclosed "glass atrium" area along the outside walkaway of the ship, while others were in the very open walkaway area near the Marketplace, with great breezes and people watching!

We used those great giant chairs quite a few times to relax and plan our next adventure!

I'll get to check them out for "research purposes" again next month! :D

How about loungers with some shade? We've never been on Epic but would like to know where we can lounge without the sun beating down on us. Space of this type seems limited on other NCL ships we've been on. That's my better half under the stairs guarding what we could find in the shade on Star... IMAGE

Although you said you aren't interested in the sun deck, there is a quiet area up on 18 forward. I believe this area has comfy (padded chairs as well). To get there, use the starboard side elevator in the Great Outdoors buffet area. Take it up to 18 and keep walking forward. You should eventually hit an area with comfy chairs.

It's a long way from anything, but it should definitely be quiet.

Other options (granted, all in the sun deck category) include Spice H20, which was already mentioned. This has loungers and a bar area. Posh is also a possibility -- comfy chairs and a bar. They sell a limited amount of passes each week. Both of these areas are child-free zones.

We're doing this itinerary in March and are looking forward to it!

How about loungers with some shade? We've never been on Epic but would like to know where we can lounge without the sun beating down on us. Space of this type seems limited on other NCL ships we've been on. That's my better half under the stairs guarding what we could find in the shade on Star... IMAGE

The best place for shade is on the pool deck, underneath the sun deck. There are quite a lot of loungers under there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just aft of the pool deck on either side there are nice shaded areas on the Epic. Also on either side of the pool deck those areas are covered by the upper pool deck area. The areas aft of the pool deck are of course, quieter.

Although you said you aren't interested in the sun deck, there is a quiet area up on 18 forward. I believe this area has comfy (padded chairs as well). To get there, use the starboard side elevator in the Great Outdoors buffet area. Take it up to 18 and keep walking forward. You should eventually hit an area with comfy chairs.

It's a long way from anything, but it should definitely be quiet.

Other options (granted, all in the sun deck category) include Spice H20, which was already mentioned. This has loungers and a bar area. Posh is also a possibility -- comfy chairs and a bar. They sell a limited amount of passes each week. Both of these areas are child-free zones.

We're doing this itinerary in March and are looking forward to it!

The above is quiet, comfy, some shade, and a few "clamshells", I think it used to be part of the Haven Complex

Edited by SMerritt

thanks everyone for your replies. Guess I got spoiled on the Getaway 'waterfront'.

10474274_10201429105769915_735246785737915834_n.jpg?oh=894c4a3590835ed91b91e11a613dd9ed&oe=545E7B22&__gda__=1415251483_803e5008ba776bc956e00d863e39103b

I know at the H20 on the Getaway that there is really no shade. What was nice though, was the waterfalls. That was somewhat in the shade and it was 'wet'..:)

I need to check out Posh. The Getaway has the Vibe, but since I will be on a scooter, there were no elevators to that deck! I know, weird. But, as you can see from the deck photo...boy..that was nice.

Edited by Roe-Z