Kids Club and Baby sitting on Regal Princess

Delvinium

Hi All,

I am sure this has been covered elsewhere so apologies if I am going over old ground ....

Have booked a 12 Day Grand Med cruise on the Regal Princess with family. (Our first with Princess) My Daughter will be travelling with her two children 5 1/2 years and 2 years and I was wondering:

i) What 'Kids Club' type facilities are available for the children. (I guess probably nothing for the 2 year old as he is too young?

ii) Are babysitting facilities available for the two children?

iii) The Grand Med cruise is very port intensive and I was wondering will the children's facilities be open on port days

iv) I have read references to evening Kids Club activities ... what are these please?

Many thanks,

D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP-no babysitting services. However, the five-year-old can attend the wonderful Princess Pelicans club. I think it's open 9 am - noon 1pm - 5 and 6pm-10. There is a charge if you want to leave the kid there after 10 pm. These hours are sea days hours. Port hours are from 8am-5pm (ish) (if I remember correctly). No services for two-year-old except Mom can bring kid to the Princess Pelicans and Mom can play with kid there. Unfortunately, kid club won't accept two-year-old with Mom accompanying. Have a good trip.

Hi All,

I am sure this has been covered elsewhere so apologies if I am going over old ground ....

Have booked a 12 Day Grand Med cruise on the Regal Princess with family. (Our first with Princess) My Daughter will be travelling with her two children 5 1/2 years and 2 years and I was wondering:

i) What 'Kids Club' type facilities are available for the children. (I guess probably nothing for the 2 year old as he is too young? The Pelicans, which is for 3 to 7, usually. But sometimes the age groups can be regrouped when there's fewer kids on board. They will have a dedicated room, with a large movie screen, tables for doing crafts, etc.

ii) Are babysitting facilities available for the two children? Nope. But your older one can take part in port day sitting with advanced notice (I know some years ago there wasn't any fee for this) and post 10-pm for a reasonable fee that is pro-rated in 15 minute segments. As stated above, you can take the little one for playtime as long as you stay -- just ask the staff when you can do this.

iii) The Grand Med cruise is very port intensive and I was wondering will the children's facilities be open on port days

On our cruises on other Princess ships, the centers were open, but I needed to sign up 24-hrs in advance. When you go meet with the staff at the mandatory orientation, you can find this out for sure.

iv) I have read references to evening Kids Club activities ... what are these please? Many age-appropriate activities. It's been a while (some 12 years:eek:) since my daughter was in Pelicans, but they probably get to have a mocktail party (the disco will be closed for a "private party" for the kids). The kids will also have one or two "kids dinners" in the Horizon Court (the buffet). One of the sides will be closed for a "private party" and you take them there and sign them in. Then you can leave and have a romantic dinner if you wish. After the dinner is over, the staff takes the kids up to the kids' area and they will start the evening program.

On cruises where there's at least a minimum of kids, there are science activities that are itinerary-oriented (building models of glaciers for Alaskan cruises, etc.). I'm not sure if the Pelicans do this, but one favorite activity is the squid dissection. Not sure if they still do this as my daughter was already a teen for our last two cruises.

And of course, you (or the parents) can always take the 5-year-old into the pool if he/she swims. No lifeguards so someone from your family woud need to supervise. The youngest might not be allowed as kids must be toilet-trained to use the pool (even swim diapers are a no-no).

Many thanks,

D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP-no babysitting services. However, the five-year-old can attend the wonderful Princess Pelicans club. I think it's open 9 am - noon 1pm - 5 and 6pm-10. There is a charge if you want to leave the kid there after 10 pm. These hours are sea days hours. Port hours are from 8am-5pm (ish) (if I remember correctly). No services for two-year-old except Mom can bring kid to the Princess Pelicans and Mom can play with kid there. Unfortunately, kid club won't accept two-year-old with Mom accompanying. Have a good trip.

CI gave you good info that applies to most of the Princess ships (except the small ships, which might not have dedicated kid areas).

You should plan to check out the Princess website (the Cruise Answer Place is the FAQs). Lots of good info there about specifics about the children's program and about your ship too. Even when I'm repeating a cruise (which was the case for my last two: the same ship, the same itinerary, the same time of year), I always pore through this info.

Ooops - I meant "without Mom accompanying" in my post above. Also, if you book an excursion through Princess, the kid's club will open early or stay late for your kid. If you don't, however, the club's only open from 8am-5pmish. You have to show them your excursion ticket, etc., but it's nice if you want to go but the kid doesn't. The kid's club on the Royal (Regal's sis) really is great - outdoor area and all. Lots of crafts, art projects, etc. My kid loved it and we were on the Royal for 26 days!