Brilliance - Dec, Fog, earliest flight

Hoopster95

Hello all,

Tried some research, but even reading reviews (Trainman's last Dec, etc) and some other threads I couldn't nail down my questions. Can you help me please?

Do I need to worry about fog in Tampa in December? Or is this just a Jan + Feb issue?

Is it realistic or a major gamble to make a 10am flight?

Thx... I figured as much :)

Bob, since you're around replying to messages, here's what I'm thinking with the above questions....

I've never been on BoS and would love one final shot at MoS. Brilliance b2b with Majesty, fly Tampa to MIA same day debarkation/embarkation. There's no way I would attempt this unless I can get a flight no later than 11am

However, I should look at this in reverse with Majesty first maybe. I think from MIA I can get to the airport by 8-8:30 by all accounts and the many reviews of self-debarkation (I think I read one of your posts actually), so a 10am flight MIA - TPA would work just great.

Thoughts?

(edit: I could find itineraries with a night in between, but would prefer to work this way with no overnight hotel)

Edited by Hoopster95

Thx... I figured as much :)

Bob, since you're around replying to messages, here's what I'm thinking with the above questions....

I've never been on BoS and would love one final shot at MoS. Brilliance b2b with Majesty, fly Tampa to MIA same day debarkation/embarkation. There's no way I would attempt this unless I can get a flight no later than 11am

However, I should look at this in reverse with Majesty first maybe. I think from MIA I can get to the airport by 8-8:30 by all accounts and the many reviews of self-debarkation (I think I read one of your posts actually), so a 10am flight MIA - TPA would work just great.

Thoughts?

(edit: I could find itineraries with a night in between, but would prefer to work this way with no overnight hotel)

If fog is dense enough to close the port, it will also create havoc at Tampa airport. If it were me, I'd opt for the night in between option.

If fog is dense enough to close the port, it will also create havoc at Tampa airport. If it were me, I'd opt for the night in between option.

Unfortunately, as the crow flies, they're only about 8 miles apart, both are on the same part of the bay, and both are only about 15ft above sea level;)

• 3 months later...
I would also be stressed out with a 10am flight. My preference would be after noon.

We sailed on the Brilliance in January and had a 10:30 flight back ti New York and plenty of time to spare that the wife went shopping in Tampa Airport.

Doug

Have you thought about renting a car and driving from port to port? It's not an overly difficult drive. If you are off the ship around 7 you could be to Port of Miami by noon (4 hour drive according to Google). That would still give you 3+ hours of incidental time.

Actually, the problem Brilliance encountered this past week, the port and airport were bright and sunny (I flew in Monday), but the sea fog was present down at the mouth of the bay and near the bridge.