Scenic Tours European River cruise - Paris to Nice - July 2016

Greeneyes44

Hi

We are wanting to book a European River cruise from Paris to Nice with Scenic Tours in July 2016. Would appreciated any feedback from anyone who has done the trip. As its in July 2016, Scenic tours said they have not confirmed which vessel will be doing the trip.

Cheers

Dianne M

Hi Dianne, I suspect this is Splendours of Southern France and it will be either Emerald which has been doing that route for a few years now or Sapphire which starts this year. There again they may move another boat to the Rhone & Saone. We are doing the cruise this year and will report back when we return.

CA

there is thread for Scenic cruisers.

Love Scenic and took my first one in June,but booked another for this May(Paris to Normandy).

Took the route your on with another company and SURE you ll love it even more than I did since YOU ll be one the best river company there is(IMO)..haha.:)

Thank you for the feedback, it will also be our first cruise, very excited and looking forward to a great trip.

Hi Dianne, I suspect this is Splendours of Southern France and it will be either Emerald which has been doing that route for a few years now or Sapphire which starts this year. There again they may move another boat to the Rhone & Saone. We are doing the cruise this year and will report back when we return.

CA

Hi

Thank you for the feedback. We have booked our cabin but they told us that the boat had not been confirmed. We were told its best to be on the eastern side, away from the heat of the sun, so have reserved a cabin on that side.

Look forward to your feedback.

Cheers

Dianne

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Dianne,

You have booked the right company IMO. Scenic are fantastic. We went with them from Amsterdam to Budapest and the whole holiday was even better than I expected, so much so I have booked with them again in 2016 for a 7 night Mekong River cruise and land tour of Vietnam and Cambodia with a 2 night Halong bay cruise as well. Scenic pure Luxury.

Cheers

Hi Dianne,

I am booked on this cruise this August and don't know which ship I'll be on. Looking forward to my first river cruise and first cruise on Scenic.

ps. I put Scenic Sapphire on my cruise clock but don't know which ship I'll be cruising.

Edited by NCCruzQueen

I would not be inclined to book with Scenic after the way they handled the cruises affected by the floods.

I've booked with them for September 2016 doing the Amsterdam to Budapest cruise.

I have read some negative stuff about flood issue....but I must say, most of the time, people will only write when things are not going well.

I have read some very positive reviews as well.

I have booked Scenic due to the all inclusiveness of the fare. They have been doing the river cruise thing for a long time now so I expect they know what they are doing. And probably did the best they could at the time....I'm sure other contingencies would be in place after the lessons learned from the flood situation.

I have been keeping an eye on Scenic Sapphire and she has arrived in Chalon-sur-Saone. It looks like she made here own way from Rotterdam, some sea cruise for a river vessel. Scenic Emerald got there on the water version of a low loader and when Scenic Gem was delivered to the Seine she was towed. I expect Sapphire is now being de-marinised (all the glass has to be covered) and all the breakables unpacked etc., quite a tedious job. We are on Emerald this year and contemplating the new Douro cruise for next year.

Happy cruising all 😉 CA