Carnival Sunshine or Royal Caribbean's Independence of the Seas?

kvickers

Looking for some advice here for a family of 4 cruising with two boys ages 6 and 9. Which ship do you think they would prefer? We've only sailed Disney Cruise Line but looking to switch it up. Both Sunshine and IOS are coming in at similar prices and I'm not too concerned about the itineraries. Would really appreciate some feedback here:). Thanks!

I'd choose the Sunshine. Our DD was 9 last year when we did the Sunshine and Breeze back to back. The waterpark is soooo fun. We really spent a lot of time there. We have been on a lot of cruises and were concerned after reading reviews. We went with an open mind and really had an awesome time. IOS is nice also, but not as much for 6 and 9 yr olds to do - in my opinion.

I would go with the Independence of the Seas.

Newer, bigger, greater selection of fun activities for young ones. Especially Flowrider and Rock climbing walls.

The Sunshine is just an overhauled older Destiny. A lot of improvements, but can't compete with the IOS, especially if cost is the same.

I would go with the Independence of the Seas.

Newer, bigger, greater selection of fun activities for young ones. Especially Flowrider and Rock climbing walls.

The Sunshine is just an overhauled older Destiny. A lot of improvements, but can't compete with the IOS, especially if cost is the same.

I agree 100% with this. The Carnival Destiny/Sunshine is not on the same level as RCI Freedom Class ships.