Seabourn Quest V1 V2 metal railing photo

HazelButtercup

I know this has been asked in other threads but I still can't definitively find a photo of the half metal railing on the balconies of cabins in V1 V2. Does anyone have any photos of one of those railings (photo taken inside the room) of Seabourn Quest V1 or v2? If you do have a photo, would you please post and tell me the room number. Do you know how high the metal railing is? Thanks!

Edited by HazelButtercup

I know this has been asked in other threads but I still can't definitively find a photo of the half metal railing on the balconies of cabins in V1 V2. Does anyone have any photos of one of those railings (photo taken inside the room) of Seabourn Quest V1 or v2? If you do have a photo, would you please post and tell me the room number. Do you know how high the metal railing is? Thanks!

Hey folks,

the V1&V2 are great. I was afraid that the metal railing would somehow block the view or the like but it was just perfect and the cabin was very quiet with very little movement. I attached a few photos.

Hope this helps for decision making ;-)

1796307617_Bildschirmfoto2015-08-02um17_19_22.jpg.99ed240374a10d7c81bf94920365370c.jpg

447639193_Bildschirmfoto2015-08-02um17_21_15.jpg.aa1f336229263a895c3277575eeebba6.jpg

457739247_Bildschirmfoto2015-08-02um17_21_29.jpg.70b6f66cbac4ff9ae7917c107ae511a2.jpg

We are booked on the Quest next April in a V2 and have similar concerns about the metal railing blocking the view, but really wanted to get as close to mid as possible and this is the only option within our budget. Much as I would like all glass I expect that the barrier should not be a significant issue. When sitting at the table we will still be able to see over the rail. Since we will be in Northern Europe the weather is likely to be crummy anyhow.

We are booked on the Quest next April in a V2 and have similar concerns about the metal railing blocking the view, but really wanted to get as close to mid as possible and this is the only option within our budget. Much as I would like all glass I expect that the barrier should not be a significant issue. When sitting at the table we will still be able to see over the rail. Since we will be in Northern Europe the weather is likely to be crummy anyhow.

You won't be disappointed! And if the weather isn't warm enough there will always be enough booze on board to keep you warm ;)

I have been in a V2 and a V5 cabin, and I had no problems at all with the part metal railing in the V2. We spent 20 days in the Med in the V2 and I had been concerned about my view being blocked, as we spend a lot of time on our balcony. I am "vertically challenged" (!) and had no issue at all seeing the view from inside the cabin, or sitting on the balcony. I love the all glass balcony, but would have no hesitation to book another V2.

• 1 year later...
Hey folks,

the V1&V2 are great. I was afraid that the metal railing would somehow block the view or the like but it was just perfect and the cabin was very quiet with very little movement. I attached a few photos.

Hope this helps for decision making ;-)

Thank you to all for your answers!!!

I would go so far as to say I prefer the V1/V2 arrangement. The structure provides a handy metal shelf, convenient for placing binoculars, books, what have yous, and for use as an extra foot rest. The metal part offers a bit more privacy and modesty when dockside, and finally, it creates welcome shade in, for example, tropical waters, if you dont want to get your feet and shins burned.

We've had both deck 5 and also upper decks and the only time I can remember it making any difference is if you were trying to look out through the veranda at the view from inside the room. Not looking to open up the guarantee suite debate again but we go that route strictly because we aren't prone to motion sickness. Honestly can't say we've ever had a major issue with the fact we are on deck 5 vs other locations. And no we don't buy that expecting upgrades but if we get one it's strictly a bonus.