For all you Captain Kate Fans...

kbarnum

I came across a Captain Kate story in the WSJ today. Figured I'd pass it along in the forum. Here is the Link.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/what-captain-kate-carries-onboard-1441143004

Thanks.

but, it is pretty hard to read if you must subscribe to the WSJ, first.

Not your fault, but, these folks that post articles on the internet, BUT, the publisher makes you want to subscribe to every article with a link, is downright crazy. I see this on Facebook all the time. Some magazine or, newspaper puts and, article on MY Facebook page, then, wants a subscription number, or sign up to read it...makes no sense to me whatsoever.

I would have liked to have read that article, which is why I clicked on it, in the first place.

We will have Captain Kate later this month. Thanks anyway. :)

My apologies guys. I read in in the print version and went to find it online real quick to share with the CC community. I think it is awesome Women are taking on these traditionally male jobs. I am a fan! I did not realize the web site had so much red tape to see the full article.

Sorry

BN-KC028_0831FI_G_20150831161618.jpg

ChucktownSteve

We will be on the NEXT cruise after you return to Cape Liberty.

I would appreciate any "heads up" info from you if you find the time.

We will be a group of 6.

My e-mail: is GaryfmCol at AOL dot com.

Thanks and, have a great and, fun cruise. :)

ChucktownSteve

We will be on the NEXT cruise after you return to Cape Liberty.

I would appreciate any "heads up" info from you if you find the time.

We will be a group of 6.

My e-mail: is GaryfmCol at AOL dot com.

Thanks and, have a great and, fun cruise. :)

Hiya Gary,

I'm looking forward to being on the first cruise where she's the Master Captain after Captain Leo takes off in Quebec.

I'd love to give heads up but I won't have internet access on the ship. I'm not lugging my computer on this vacation besides connectivity is so useless on the older ship. Been frustrated before on Mercury.

However I'm sure someone on our rollcall should be able to help if you post there. We have a pretty active one.

Happy Sails to you.

Hiya Gary,

I'm looking forward to being on the first cruise where she's the Master Captain after Captain Leo takes off in Quebec.

I'd love to give heads up but I won't have internet access on the ship. I'm not lugging my computer on this vacation besides connectivity is so useless on the older ship. Been frustrated before on Mercury.

However I'm sure someone on our rollcall should be able to help if you post there. We have a pretty active one.

Happy Sails to you.

That's OK..

Have a fun cruise.

I sure hope you have great weather.

We did this cruise a few years back and, enjoyed it so much

we decided on a "re-do"...

I'll wave to ya when you get off...and, we get on... ;)

While I respect what Captain Kate has accomplished and I don't want this to be interpreted as a dis in any way, has anyone noticed that the photo in the NY Times somewhat resembled the old pose of Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman? Was that intentional or coincidental?

o-LYNDA-CARTER-WONDER-WOMAN-570.jpg?16

I wish Captain Kate the most career success possible and hope to meet her during my cruise! She truly is a modern day Wonder Woman. Congratulations.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

While I respect what Captain Kate has accomplished and I don't want this to be interpreted as a dis in any way, has anyone noticed that the photo in the NY Times somewhat resembled the old pose of Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman? Was that intentional or coincidental?

o-LYNDA-CARTER-WONDER-WOMAN-570.jpg?16

I wish Captain Kate the most career success possible and hope to meet her during my cruise! She truly is a modern day Wonder Woman. Congratulations.

Yes.. I noticed that pose and, wondered (???????) what

was that all about?

I wonder if that is an "official Celebrity photo" of her?

:p