Hotel in barcelona, king bed?

George C

We are doing a cruise out of Barcelona for 1st time want a decent hotel hopefully walking distance at 200 euros a night, would like king bed or queen seems every hotel says double? only one I saw with King was Hilton but that location is not perfect, any ideas? thanks

We are doing a cruise out of Barcelona for 1st time want a decent hotel hopefully walking distance at 200 euros a night, would like king bed or queen seems every hotel says double? only one I saw with King was Hilton but that location is not perfect, any ideas? thanks

We did a cruise out of Barcelona last May, 2015 on the Allure. We flew into Paris, stayed there a couple of nights, then took the High Speed Train along the countryside of Paris and Coast of Spain into Barcelona where we spent another couple of nights before the cruise. We did take a cab from the train station to the hotel and stayed at Hotel Euro Park. We had a Superior King room which included breakfast for $200 a night. It was great! The breakfast was amazing, especially the coffee! It was clean, we had a balcony, the bed was good and it was pretty centrally located so that we basically walked everywhere. We did take a cab from there to the cruise port. On the return, we stayed another night in Barcelona before flying home. We took a cab from the port to the SoHo Hotel which was also amazing. It was 180 Euros for the night. They called it a Queen (but seemed like a King to us) with a Terrace which was huge. This one didn't include breakfast, but had coffee available and there were places around to eat. Again, it was clean and comfortable and pretty good location for us to walk pretty much everywhere again. We took a cab from there to the airport to return home. It was an amazing trip ... we packed a lot into all the time we had. The ship stopped at Naples and Rome. We did a private car tour with APTours which I would highly recommend as well. They meet you at the airport, you can pretty much go and do whatever you want ... the car is yours for the day. The drivers at both places were great ... knowledgeable, funny and very professional. We did all the sights in Rome and were brought back to the ship. In Naples, again, met at the ship and we did the Amalfi Coast Drive which was unbelievable! We stopped at Ravello, Amalfi, Positano and Sorrento. In Sorrento, the drive went and got us our ferry tickets while we toured around and then we took the ferry across the bay back to the ship. So many memories .... it was great. Enjoy your time and Happy Sailing! :)

thanks for info, hotel sounds good, we have 12 nights and 5 stops in Italy, but want to do Capri for Naples stop, we have some of the private tours already booked, still need to find one for Capri

Sounds amazing! Told my husband if we go back to Europe I think I would like to do a land trip and see more of Italy ... just loved it there! Check with APTours, I think they offer a good trip to Capri or if not, they will help you out. They are very accommodating, especially in planning. Good luck and have a blast!

We loved the Hotel 1898...worth taking a look at and considering.

We've stayed twice at the Hotel Barcelona Universal, and both times had king sized beds. Great location right beside a metro station, great breakfasts, great multi-lingual staff.

This past September we spent several nights there in one of their terrace rooms -- our particular room was essentially a two room suite. But I don't know that you will book it for E200.

Quite often when a European Hotel says Superior Double Or Twin, that means it is a King if they put the Twins together for you or sometimes it really is an actual King. Email the hotel and ask what the size of their Double is. I have done that before,because a friend we travel with is 6ft 6" and has to have a real King!

We've stayed twice at the Hotel Barcelona Universal, and both times had king sized beds. Great location right beside a metro station, great breakfasts, great multi-lingual staff.

This past September we spent several nights there in one of their terrace rooms -- our particular room was essentially a two room suite. But I don't know that you will book it for E200.

We were able to get the Universal Terrace room for 200 euros, room looks great, only 2 of these rooms in this hotel.

We stayed at the Hotel Regina in Barcelona. Absolutely loved the hotel, staff and location. Close to the hop on hop off bus and La Ramblas but far enough not to be in the middle of all the noise. Also a Starbucks right on the corner 😀👍🏻