So need your expert advise! Universal studios pre Disney Cruise.

lvcrzn

The search engine has lead me to some very old posts, therfore I am reaching out to all CC's for any new advise. I would like to take the family to Universal Studios the day before we sail on the Disney Dream. We wil be flying into Orlando and will need any advise on HOW TO:

MCO TO HOTEL

HOTEL TO UNIVERSAL STUDIOS

HOTEL TO PC.

I appreciate any advise for a family of 6 Adults and 2 children 6 and 7 yrs old.

The search engine has lead me to some very old posts, therfore I am reaching out to all CC's for any new advise. I would like to take the family to Universal Studios the day before we sail on the Disney Dream. We wil be flying into Orlando and will need any advise on HOW TO:

MCO TO HOTEL

HOTEL TO UNIVERSAL STUDIOS

HOTEL TO PC.

I appreciate any advise for a family of 6 Adults and 2 children 6 and 7 yrs old.

With that number of people, I'd suggest some sort of private transportation - rental car or limo/towncar service.

If you specify which hotel, that would help answer your question.

For example, some have DCL transfers available. The others depending on your party size maybe cheaper for a town car or limo or van. Some offer door to door baggage transfer if using DCL transfers.

If you can describe your situation as best as you can, that WILL get you the BEST and most accurate information someone can give you.

Unfortunately, your situation is vague at the moment.

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

SHMOO: thanks. Any suggestions for shuttles?

No. As I said on your other thread, we've yet to get away from WDW. Haven't had to figure out transportation to/from Universal/MCO/port.

And we typically utilize the DCL/Magical Express options for our WDW/DCL vacations.

If you specify which hotel, that would help answer your question.

For example, some have DCL transfers available. The others depending on your party size maybe cheaper for a town car or limo or van. Some offer door to door baggage transfer if using DCL transfers.

If you can describe your situation as best as you can, that WILL get you the BEST and most accurate information someone can give you.

Unfortunately, your situation is vague at the moment.

ex techie

I am considering a hotel on or very near Universal studios. Which hotels transfer to the hotel from MCO? (Medium price , please advise). I'm advised that there are hotels that will shuttle to Universal Studios(?). What form of transport to the port on the following day??

I am considering a hotel on or very near Universal studios. Which hotels transfer to the hotel from MCO? (Medium price , please advise). I'm advised that there are hotels that will shuttle to Universal Studios(?). What form of transport to the port on the following day??

I'd suggest doing a search for "hotels near Universal Studios Florida" And then check their websites (or call) to see if they offer shuttles. Most hotels that offer shuttles to places near them will advertise the fact.

Why is trying to answer post's like these like trying get blood out of a stone???

It's like your asking the posters name, address, vacation dates and are going to rob their house! BASIC INFO!

So you DO NOT have a hotel booked yet in the Orlando area?

How many in your "family"? 3,4,5,6,7,8,9.10 12+

How many to a room?

How many people will affect and could change your transportation costs due to different modes of transport!

4 people plus luggage, taxi!

4 overpacker people with luggage, transfer!

5-6 people plus luggage town car

5-6 people plus overpackers mini van!

7+ and a coach!

ex techie

Why is trying to answer post's like these like trying get blood out of a stone???

It's like your asking the posters name, address, vacation dates and are going to rob their house! BASIC INFO!

So you DO NOT have a hotel booked yet in the Orlando area?

How many in your "family"? 3,4,5,6,7,8,9.10 12+

How many to a room?

How many people will affect and could change your transportation costs due to different modes of transport!

4 people plus luggage, taxi!

4 overpacker people with luggage, transfer!

5-6 people plus luggage town car

5-6 people plus overpackers mini van!

7+ and a coach!

ex techie

I do apologize profusely for missing the last sentence of your OP!

"6 Adults and 2 children 6 and 7 yrs old."

None of the Universal hotels offer MCO transfers that I know of, other than a fee.

For a group that size, look at the Cabana Bay resort at Universal. Quite nice and they have family rooms that may help with logistics, plus free park shuttle.

We use Happy Limo in FL for all transfers, btw. Always had good results. Just used them 7 times on our last trip to the area.

If you stay at one of the higher priced hotels at Universal (not Cabana Bay) you get front of the line (express passes) included, although they aren't good at most of the WWHP rides. If you are only going one day that may be worth it - we thought it was when we did a one day trip there. And of course, free transport to Universal. If you stay at the Nick hotel they have free transport to Universal, as I am sure many nearby hotels do.

If someone is footing the whole bill for this, the cheapest way would be to rent a van, return it to the airport and hire a shuttle to and from the pier. There are many shuttle companies to choose from. Check their sites and/or give them a call for rates. You can also use the same shuttle company for Universal if you can not drive.

If budget is no issue for a group of 10 you can also book a VIP tour.

One advantage to the Hard Rock also is you can walk to the park entrance of universal (Islands is across citywalk). There is also a water taxi. Cabana bay has a bus runs every 10 mins or so.

If you stay at one of the higher priced hotels at Universal (not Cabana Bay) you get front of the line (express passes) included, although they aren't good at most of the WWHP rides. If you are only going one day that may be worth it - we thought it was when we did a one day trip there. And of course, free transport to Universal. If you stay at the Nick hotel they have free transport to Universal, as I am sure many nearby hotels do.

As far as hotels go I would highly recommend getting a concierge room at the Lowes Royal Pacific resort. DW and I did this last year when we went to Disney world and did 2 days at universal before leaving. The coincerige lounge gives you breakfast lunch and dinner. The food is good, basic, but good and can feed your whole family for no extra change. They have drinks you can take with you including bottled water. You also get the Disney equivalent of a fast pass for free for your party since you are staying at the hotel. It's a short walk or boat ride from the hotel to the park. We went for thanksgiving last year and it wasn't too bad, Harry Potter world was nuts of course.

But this hotel was fantastic and I would highly recommend it even though it it more expensive then other options.

Edited to add:

You can always get a ride to the airport from the hotel and use Disney's transportation from the airport to the dock.

I also echo the others that private transportation is best for a group your size.

Edited by Steelers0854

I've stayed at the Doubletree Universal and the Hampton Inn at Universal. Doubletree is literally across the street, we walked from hotel to park and back. Hampton Inn is maybe 1/4 mile down the road, again we walked. Both hotels have a shuttle van to Universal, we wanted to go earlier than the shuttles. There are several hotels near there, but I'm a Hilton fan. Doubletree has cookies, Hampton has free breakfast.

I'd contact the hotel and ask them for a recommendation on a shuttle service or van service, then have the same service scheduled to take you back to the airport and catch the Disney shuttle to the ship. Book the Disney shuttle back to MCO and that should make luggage much easier.

The Doubletree has an Avis rental car desk, might be cheaper to rent a car from MCO and drive to the hotel and turn it in, then rent a car at the hotel and turn it in at MCO.

If someone is footing the whole bill for this, the cheapest way would be to rent a van, return it to the airport and hire a shuttle to and from the pier. There are many shuttle companies to choose from. Check their sites and/or give them a call for rates. You can also use the same shuttle company for Universal if you can not drive.

WHAT? Depending on how many days you'd be at Universal, it could be cheaper to rent a van at the airport, drive to the hotel, keep it while you are at Universal and then drive to the cruise terminal. Do a "one way" rental and drop off your passengers at the cruise terminal then return the vehicle to a Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral drop off site. The car agency will have a complimentary shuttle to take the driver back to the terminal.

To get from cruise terminal to MCO at the end, book a private towncar/limo service. Happy Limo, FL tours, Southern Elegance all have good service. Most will match price if one is significantly less than the others, but normally cost is within $10-20 regardless of company. Towncar will pick you up outside the terminal and take you directly to your airline drop off point.

Most of the hotels affiliated with Universal will have complimentary transportation from the hotel to Universal.