It's on again.

Not sure it didn't say I don't think and wasn't up to speed on the news. It was pretty rough but I've definitely swam in worse in open Sydney beaches.

We were away during most of Nov, so hadn't heard anything, this is the first Shark closure I've heard this season.

Some of the Beaches can get pretty Goid rips running, even when it's pretty calm, maybe that's what happened.

What did you o in Newie.

The city centre is a disgrace IMHO.

Possibly. I was bummed as it's all I wanted to do. We really just walked across to the beach from the wharf place the ship shuttle dropped us, then back to the wharf area to sit and have a milkshake and back to the ship. The fleet of red shirt volunteers they had out were wonderful. But yeah at the moment there's just not a lot on offer for visitors in the centre unless you venture further out.

Lot's of construction going on so hopefully in 5 years it'll be a more pleasant place to visit. It's pretty sketchy there near the train station.

So probably Nobby's beach (near the lighthouse, maybe Newcastle would have been open.

Surprised you got a Milkshake anywhere around there.

There are plans to rejuvinate the city, but some days if you fired a shotgun you wouldn't put anyone in danger.

It's sad to see for someone who lived in the area all my life.

It was once a bustling city.