Movado Watches - Grand Cayman

beasfriend

I haven't found a really great deal in the islands in some time. Know your prices. You may stumble on a deal, but the days of universally lower prices are gone, if they ever really existed.

Spousal unit likes LLardo and we have a few on the want list every trip and know the going prices. We once found one piece at a real deal - but usually the prices are no bargain - often higher than home

Last watch I was looking for I ended up getting best price via a catalog store ... beat all the islands even after tax. Heck COSTCO sells Movado now!

Cruise Director John Heald on the Triumph did recommend them in GC. At the "talk" he did give the name of a store that was running a special on his and hers at the time. I wasn't looking for one so didn't check it out but it was recommended for that island.

Yes, that was the special that I bought for my wife and myself. When I got back to the states, I priced the same watches and we got a great deal.

Can I ask how much of a deal did you get? :confused: :o

I am shopping for a new watch & yep, you guessed it, I want a Movado. It is on my Christmas wish list; however, if I can purchase both his & hers at a discounted price, then I will do Santa's shopping while in GC next month. :cool: Thanks in advance!

Happy sailing,

T.

A few years back, hubby and I purchased the Mens/Ladies Movado Museum set in Nassau for $250, a great deal.

Just a month ago, we cruised to Nassau/St Thomas and St Maarten, and found that at least one shop in each port had a similar Movado deal. Unfortunately, the price seems to have gone up to about $350 for the two watches, still way below US retail. I believe at least 2 of the deals were for Movados with steel bands, not the black bands that my watches have (and which I prefer, but maybe you don't).

Peek into the jewelry stores as you pass and look for a placard on the display stands or in the shop windows....that's how I was able to spot the various Movado deals. Also, one of the brochures or booklets that we received on the cruise ( we were on Royal Caribbean, but I'm sure Carnival has them, too) pointed out which shop had the Movado deal.

PS- I love my watch; I feel I got a great price. It keeps perfect time and I wear it every day.

Good luck!

A few years back, hubby and I purchased the Mens/Ladies Movado Museum set in Nassau for $250, a great deal.

Just a month ago, we cruised to Nassau/St Thomas and St Maarten, and found that at least one shop in each port had a similar Movado deal. Unfortunately, the price seems to have gone up to about $350 for the two watches, still way below US retail. I believe at least 2 of the deals were for Movados with steel bands, not the black bands that my watches have (and which I prefer, but maybe you don't).

Peek into the jewelry stores as you pass and look for a placard on the display stands or in the shop windows....that's how I was able to spot the various Movado deals. Also, one of the brochures or booklets that we received on the cruise ( we were on Royal Caribbean, but I'm sure Carnival has them, too) pointed out which shop had the Movado deal.

PS- I love my watch; I feel I got a great price. It keeps perfect time and I wear it every day.

Good luck!

Looks as if I will be playing Santa as far as the watches go this year. :D

Thanks for sharing this info.

Happy sailing,

T.

What I discovered two years ago on an Eastern Caribbean cruise. Before going I bght a fairly expensive Seiko from a very large wholesale dealer on ebay. As I recall, $375 manufacturer's suggested retail. Local department stores (all Finley dept leases at 3 chains) dealed down to $282. From the ebay dealer I paid about $175. So I was curious about deals I might have missed. In checking on the ship and St Thomas and St Maarten it seemed the retailers were bumping the suggested retail by $50 to 75. Then offered a 35% discount. To me that was no deal even considering not having to pay sales tax. Just FYI

In March DH bought a Michelle watch for me at Little Switzerland in GC. It is gold with diamonds and has the gold band. We saved about $400 off of the retail price here.

Good deals are only found when you know the exact value of an item. Do a lot of research before you go. If you find a better deal than you can get at home for the same item go for it. :D

Can I ask how much of a deal did you get? :confused: :o

I am shopping for a new watch & yep, you guessed it, I want a Movado. It is on my Christmas wish list; however, if I can purchase both his & hers at a discounted price, then I will do Santa's shopping while in GC next month. :cool: Thanks in advance!

Happy sailing,

T.

I believe it was $199.00 for both at Little Switzerland. They were the Movado museum watches (gold with black face--black leather band). It was in Jan of 2004 though.

Remember, the twofer appears to be a promotional item. Not exactly the museum style. Look for the gold rim around the crystal. It's different. Also suggest asking your jewler at home about Movado service. Also are the ones in the islands considered grey market thus without a US warranty.

The best deal I ever got on a Movado watch.

I am coming out of the mall with my niece several years ago. She was little at the time, and as we are heading to the car she runs into one of the little landscaped esplanades into all the wet mulch. I yell at her to get out of there and she comes back with a watch that pretty much looked like a Movado. Of course it was a womans model, so I couldn't use it, but my wife was happy :)

The band was a little dirty , but otherwise it was working fine, so my wife bought a new strap and started wearing it A short time later we took it to a Movado dealer to see if it actually was an authentic Movado. Sure enough it was and at that time it was going for $850.00

So if there are any esplanades in the Carribean that can beat that price just let me know *LOL*

Archived