RCI Voyager class, help please re bathroom layout

terrierjohn

Has anyone traveled in an accessible balcony cabin on deck 6 or 7 on any voyager ship.

My wife is a stroke victim and can only use her left hand, on checking our cabin 7304 on Cruise line rooms the photo seems to indicate that the toilet and, more importantly, the shower controls are on the right hand side.

I have not found any photos of the other cabins but would assume that half will have left handed set up, but which ones?

Even an accessible cabin next to another will be slightly different. You are best to chat this through with RCI as depending on which way the cabin is laid out the bathroom handrails etc are different, we checked this on a cruise we went on last year and found it helpful to chat it through direct.

Cabins next to each other will be mirror images. For more pictures, go to http://www.cruisedeckplans.com. Choose your cruise line, and ship. In this case, choose Voyager, and then check out all of the ships in that class. Scroll down the cabin categories on the left. Under the category you want, click on Handicap cabins. There will be a list of cabins in that category, and if there are pictures of any of them, you can see them (click to enlarge). It is a pay member site to see regular cabin pictures, but handicap cabins are there for anyone to see. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

Has anyone traveled in an accessible balcony cabin on deck 6 or 7 on any voyager ship.

My wife is a stroke victim and can only use her left hand, on checking our cabin 7304 on Cruise line rooms the photo seems to indicate that the toilet and, more importantly, the shower controls are on the right hand side.

I have not found any photos of the other cabins but would assume that half will have left handed set up, but which ones?

The orientation of grab bars is not consistence for all Cabins Numbered 7304 within the Voyager Class. They can and do vary. The information you're wanting is posted on RCCL's website for all its ships.

• Click on "EXPERIENCE" on main webpage
  • Click on "OUR SHIPS"
  • Scroll to "VOYAGER CLASS "and click on ship you what to view
  • Than scroll down to "DECK PLANS"
  • Once the DECK PLAN appears click on "VIEW ACCESSIBLE STATEROOMS" located directly to the right of the ship deck plan schematic. A new window will open listing all accessible cabins for that ship which states toilet height and grab bar orientation

Edited by xxoocruiser

The orientation of grab bars is not consistence for all Cabins Numbered 7304 within the Voyager Class. They can and do vary. The information you're wanting is posted on RCCL's website for all its ships.

• Click on "EXPERIENCE" on main webpage
  • Click on "OUR SHIPS"
  • Scroll to "VOYAGER CLASS "and click on ship you what to view
  • Than scroll down to "DECK PLANS"
  • Once the DECK PLAN appears click on "VIEW ACCESSIBLE STATEROOMS" located directly to the right of the ship deck plan schematic. A new window will open listing all accessible cabins for that ship which states toilet height and grab bar orientation

Thanks for that info, however this must be from the US (.com) site whereas we can only access the UK (.co.uk) site from our pc's, and the deck plan info has no accessible info nor is it interactive.

Anyone know a quick and easy way for me to con the RCI site into thinking I am from the US?

Edited by terrierjohn

PS to the above.

Managed to find my way into the US site, a bit convoluted but got there in the end via the Crown & Anchor online page through search, and then down through the accessibility on board under all about cruising, through accessible staterooms to the list of ships.

You were right of course XXOOcruiser, the grab bar orientation varies which is what threw me initially, glad to report that 7304 on Navigator is LH, the photo I had seen was from Voyager.

• 10 months later...

Further to my post #6 above, RCI have now made it impossible to get into the US site via this trick. I assume they don't want us Brits knowing how cheap the prices are for the same cruises if booked in the US, but it is a shame as the US site contains a lot more useful info than the UK one, why RCI don't include all the data in the UK site is a mystery.