Trying to decide between Bananarama and Beachers

Jetswdo

Cruise ship at port 10-6. We want to leave ASAP to make the most of our day and be back at ship by 4:30 at the latest. That being said, we will will have our own snorkel stuff with us, and want to be as close to that kidney snorkel spot near Infinity and Tabiana (sp? sorry) where the cruise ship offers excursion.

My dh can stay in the water for hours snorkeling. Me, I last 20 minutes and then get bored and just want to hand at lounge chair under an umbrella. I think the two places, Bananarama and Beachers are the closest to the snorkel spot? Which one is closest? Beaches has umbrellas at loungers, I think. Bananarama has palm trees, but supposedly plenty of shade in any case?

Beachers has a pool and I think is quieter? Does Beachers have lockers available like Bananarama? Both resorts offer round trip transportation. We would want to be picked up at ship as soon as it docks. Any advise is appreciated so we can decide which would be best for us. Thanks, Anita

We have a fairly short stay in roatan and are considering bananarama. Would love to hear comments. We like to be back at the port area about two hours prior to sail away (seems we often get sidetracked in the port area on the walk back to the ship) and am unsure about how they handle different schedules, ports and guest travel preferences.

Thanks

M

For both of you...which ships which cruise port. Longer drive to Mahogany Bay fro West Bay, so for a shorter stay, return time would be important.

We've used Bananarama's services and transportation from Mahogany bay in the past and appreciated the lockers and showers and ability for the driver to take us back when we wanted to return.

Once on the beach you can wander around where ever. I personally like the set up at Beachers over the layout at Bananarama for relaxing on the beach and for their food and drink service. But I haven't used their package which does include transportation or facilities other than the bathroom;).

I have similar concerns. I was thinking of booking a day pass at Infinity Bay (because it looks to be closest to the "kidney"), but I don't think they offer transportation. I tentatively have a private tour/driver booked through Victor Bodden, but am considering cancelling that reservation and just purchasing a day pass through Bananarama since transportation is included (I haven't heard about Beachers, so I wasn't aware of that option...I guess I'll need to look into them too). I'll be curious to see what others say also. :)

Thanks for your help. We are on a Royal Caribbean ship. I know it docs a different place than the Carnival ship. Don't know which is better or worse for us.

Thanks. M

You dock in Coxen Hole. The port area is relatively small and the walk back to the ship from the port area is very short. Honestly, you can't go "wrong" with either place. Same beach. Choose what looks good to you. So long as you have conformed transportation back to Coxen Hole. You'll be good to go.

You dock in Coxen Hole. The port area is relatively small and the walk back to the ship from the port area is very short. Honestly, you can't go "wrong" with either place. Same beach. Choose what looks good to you. So long as you have conformed transportation back to Coxen Hole. You'll be good to go.

Thanks Crewsweeper. A few years ago w spent the day at Upachaya and were pleased. We wanted something a bit different this time.

Just one more question, is the snorkeling decent? We will have equipment.

M

Shore snorkeling is decent. Might be a tad crowded in spots. But you can hire a small boat to head up to West End and out from shore for better snorkeling. You leave right from the beach and return there. IIRC, ~$25 pp. Maybe a recent cruiser has an update on that cost. It's between you and the guy with the boat.

Let me try again. We will be at Coxen from at Royal Carribean ship. Transportation was not the issue with my post.

I just want to know SPECIFICALLY,

1. Which resort is a closer walk to the kidney spot? Bananarama or Beachers?

2. Which resort is more comfortable- we are in our early 60's. (We will have our wet suits and snorkel stuff with us) Having an umbrella for our loungers is a big deal for me. But I would manage at Bananarama if overall would be the most convenient.

3. Does Beaches have lockers as well as Bananarama?

Thanks to the posters who can answer MY questions. Anita

1. Bananarama is the closest. Very close to the "kidney" and near Infinity Bay. Beachers is way completely down the beach near Fosters.

2. Beachers has the chairs with the umbrellas. Bananarama does not have the umbrellas but they have some kind of shade awning over some of the chairs... they also have a restaurant/bar if cover is needed. A lot of the seating are under palm trees and have shading as well.

3. Bananarama has lockers. Beachers does not.

I hope that answers your questions. By these things, you will see Bananarama fits with what you are looking for.

Bananarama beach seating:

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13116249_1146328548721736_962124635895651611_o.jpg

Edited by BrotherCraig

OK, I have been reading other reviews, which made us decide against Little French Caye-- So I did narrow it down to the two above. I will now forget about Beachers, then, since too far a walk to snorkel spot, which is most important to DH.

Brother Craig, do you know what the story is with Infinity Bay? A few people said there is excellent snorkeling right in front of that resort. What do you think? Anita