Veendam Panama Canal/Amazon River Pictures

janillb

janillb:

Thank you so much for posting your photos! I will be boarding the Veendam when you get to Tampa.

I have never been onboard the Veendam and enjoyed getting a preview of the interior.

Is the bedding as nice as everyone says? I tried to read the daily program to see if there was much trivia but the words were blurry on that one.(Looked like you highlighted lots of things to do!:D )

The menus looked yummy. Do you find the food good? What is your dining time? Did the woman get injured on this trip or did she board with crutches?

As you can tell, I am getting excited.

Looking forward to more postings from your trip. Keep enjoying yourself! Keep the ship in good shape for us!;)

Deb C.:cool:

Thanks so much for posting those pictures! I was onboard from Vancouver to Los Angeles, and I hope to someday be able to do the full trip to Tampa. Until then, it's nice to be able to live vicariously through photographs! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Took me awhile to get back due to the cost on board of internet service. We have posted many new pictures, and hope to get the last of them up soon. Ship is in great shape even not having all it's upgrades yet, and the crew is wonderful.

Deb C- Well your allready on the ship by now, but the beds are wonderful. We also tried to fix the programs and menus so they would be more easily read. I did not find the food that good, it was fine, but not to die for like I expected. My husband enjoyed it more, so i think I'm just the picky one. We started out at the 7:45 dinner time, and found ourselves skipping dinner all the time by eating somewhere else earlier. About 1/2 way through the cruise we switched to 5:30 which did work better for us even though it was sometimes a scramble on port days. That actually was me on crutches getting a lift up to the Psoas volcano in Costa Rica. By the time the cruise was over I no longer needed them (broke my leg skiing in April).

Janill

• 5 months later...

outstanding pics! i haven't gotten through all of them yet. i'm almost positive i'm taking the 2006 version. i saw the notice about no self-serve laundry while in the amazon. were you able to have laundry done by the ship?

janillb,

Thanks for posting those wonderful photos. We are going on the Veendam in September from Vancouver to Tampa so it will be exactly a year later.

I would be very interested in hearing about your excursions as we are going to the same ports.

Would you mind sending me an email letting me know where you went and what you thought of each excursion as we are starting to plan in detail now.

My email address is jennielynton@yahoo.com.au

I would appreciate hearing from you.

Jennie

Hi, Jennie. Doing well---well for someone who's between cruises, anyway! ;) But you know full-well how that feels.

I wasn't sure that you noticed how old the post was; I was several replies in, and getting very confused, before I figured it out myself. Funny, too, as I've learned to check the dates when I start a thread. :o

I am certainly enjoying your pictures. I was also on the cruise and it appears that you took some different excursions but wasn't it all wonderful? This has brought back happy memories and making me anxious for my next long cruise in July. In case one of the posters sees this: all laundry facilities were closed while we were in the Amazon. The ship doesn't have the capability to process enough from the water in the river.

Enjoyed your photos. The Scottsdale pictures of the desert around your place make me homesick.

As a Native Arizonan whose Dad was brought to Yuma as a 2 year old in 1907. I left in the late 50s because of the job market in those days.

As my Uncle said I have become a Galvanized Prunepicker.

Thanks,

Archived