Live from the Reflection 11-5 to 11-12-2016

seadog67

Hello Celebrity Critics and fellow Critics in general! As with my other reports, which I listed here for anyone interested:

RCL Quantum of the Seas:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2199321

RCL Freedom of the Seas:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2199321

NCL Breakaway:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2251294

NCL Gem:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2212638

I hope to return even a small portion of the enjoyment I receive from all the wonderful reports on Cruise Critic that others have provided and helped me get through the down time between trips!

I love to take and edit videos, but as we all know, the wifi on ships is not usually conducive to uploading video, so depending on the quality of wifi on Reflection, we will see how many video's I can upload, or if it will manly be photos and my observations of our trip as we go along.

Here is a little preview of our upcoming trip and I will be back over the next several days to update on the itinerary and our plans and hopefully some updates on all the exciting packing and preparations. Hope you can join us sailing on Reflection:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc3WPB1mwCk

Edited by seadog67
Spelling and Links

Here is a little preview of our upcoming trip and I will be back over the next several days to update on the itinerary and our plans and hopefully some updates on all the exciting packing and preparations. Hope you can join us sailing on Reflection:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc3WPB1mwCk

That was a great preview video of your forthcoming cruise. Will be looking forward to your cruise video.

Will follow this with intrest enjoy your trip.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Forums mobile app

That was a great preview video of your forthcoming cruise. Will be looking forward to your cruise video.

Thanks! And glad you both will be following along! We are excited to be sailing again on a Solstice Class Ship, our last was on Solstice during New Years 2008-2009. It is hard to believe it has been 8 years since we were last on a Solstice Class as we loved the layout.

Our Itinerary

f889ab349a0b792608ccf36029d3eaf0.png

And port schedule

647be7053e4b1cef6b75badb8059bf2d.jpg

Our first port/ excursion is Cozumel on Monday November 7th.

We have a Beach Break excursion to Playa Mia

4d318faf872fa880ee290b1ce4e2bc31.jpg

This will be our second time here and it is just a short 10 minute ride from the port. The beach was clean and water was wonderful our last time here.

It seems this will be a recurring theme on this trip with 3 of the 4 ports being beach excursions for us.

More Itinerary info tonight after work. Thanks again for checking in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by seadog67

Looking forward to your review! Bon Voyage!!!

Thanks! Welcome aboard!

What was the cost of the Playa Mia? Did you book it privately or on the ship?

It was $39 per person and I booked on the website. We do not sail until this Saturday, check back for more info during the cruise next week.

Looking forward t your review. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks! Glad your following!

What was the cost of the Playa Mia? Did you book it privately or on the ship?

Sorry I misquoted the price in my first answer, it is the Deluxe Beach Break and was $78 per person. That does include lower shelf cocktails and beer in the price. From our last time there it was Rum and coke with Capt Morgan and the beer was Corona and Dos Equis XX. It also includes food, but we did not partake the last time so I cannot advise of the quality, but I will try and get pics this time around.

Enjoy the Reflection and please take good care of her. I will be on board Nov 12. I wish you following seas.

Thanks frankdp! We will return her in good shape! I did not look but assume you are on the Eastern Route? We very much want to do the Eastern Route soon as it has been a while. Have a great time when your time comes!

The second port is Grand Cayman on Tuesday the 8th. Our plan is to cab it down to 7 Mile Beach and hit the Royal Palms Beach Club. (Not sure when it acquired the name of a beach club), we have been going here for many years on our stops at Grand Cayman as they have nice food/drink facilities and clean restrooms and a nice beach setup.

IMG_9940_zpsttewnz4h.jpg

I'm looking forward to following your "Live" review. We will be doing the same itinerary at the end of February. We've never been on a solstice class ship so we are really looking forward this. Looking forward to seeing the dailies along with photos of the ship and your excursions. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm a lurker, but will be on the November 5 sailing as well, with my husband, kids and in-laws. First X cruise for us (we usually cruise on Oceania)!

That is awesome Nightriders! Were gonna have a blast! Safe travels as well!

I'm looking forward to following your "Live" review. We will be doing the same itinerary at the end of February. We've never been on a solstice class ship so we are really looking forward this. Looking forward to seeing the dailies along with photos of the ship and your excursions. Thanks!!

Great to have you along luv2! I hope to share as much as possible via photos videos and thoughts! Hope you have a bast in February, I think you will love solstice class!

I'll be getting off as you are about to board. Looking forward to following along.

We've enjoyed our 15 night TA. She's a great lady.

Awesome Tommy! Really glad you had a great trip!! Definitely looking forward to experiencing Reflection.

So.. last day of work complete - Check

99% of packing complete - Check

Boarding pass for flight tomorrow - Check

Excitement Level on overdrive - Check Check Check...

So after our flight tomorrow and we arrive in Miami, we have an overnight stay booked at the Intercontinental right on the water. The last few times we sailed from Miami we stayed at the more affordable Holiday Inn, however we booked kinda late and they were sold out, so we are excited to try the Intercontinental as we have heard great things about the service, even if only for one night.

Unknown_zps4hrbue8n.jpeg

So back to the itinerary- The next stop is Jamaica and we plan to stay on board and enjoy the ship and possibly walk around the shops at the Falmouth Port -

IMG_9749_zpsmturptyv.jpg

Final stop is Labadee on Thursday and we booked a Beach Bungalow at Columbus Cove

beach-bungalows-ZL1A-hero_zpsvkkdh1x6.jpg

*yeah that is not us :)

Not sure if these are worth the price, or whether they are similar to the Cabanas but we hope to spend a good part of the day using it so we will see and report back.

Then we head back to.... nevermind, do not even want to go there :)

I will be reporting tomorrow for our flight down to Miami and reporting on the Intercontinental and spending a Friday Night in Downtown Miami.

Edited by seadog67