Wedding on RCI? Anyone done it?

Hi!! So my fiancé is trying cruising for the first time in January because I would really really like our wedding to be on a cruise ship. Has anyone done this? I'm hoping they offer a lot of options instead of just the chapel. Can we do it on CocoCay or Labadee? Do they do a good job? We are thinking we would have probably 8 or so staterooms besides ours of guests. Do we get any kind of benefit for that like a land resort? Thanks for any info anyone may have!

If you want the Captain to perform the wedding, it has to be done while the ship is at sea. Our experience is that the ship people do a tremendous job. However, the pre-wedding contractor (Royal Romance) that sets everything up is another story. Very difficult to communicate with, does not follow up, and does not accurately communicate with the shipboard people.

I also had a Royal Romance wedding...

Unfortunately there were a ton of headaches and broken arrangements.

If you are interested in a beach wedding in St Thomas or St John, not through the cruise line, but a lot more hands on and less expensive look into Island Bliss Weddings They have a wonderful reputation, they make arrangements to pick you up from the ship, take you to get the licence, venue or beach, the ceremony/reception and more.... They totally customize it to your liking!!

EDIT they do offer you some perks if you get 8 staterooms or better... you would need to speak to group sales

Edited by LilBlackDress

My daughter just got married Nov 4, 2016. We considered a wedding on a cruise and the cost wasn't bad...except a few family members couldn't afford to go or didn't want to cruise. So we just did the normal wedding here at home. Definitely would have been cheaper for me but including family and friends won out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The wife and I were married in the chapel (It's not that bad!!) on Navigator of the Seas in 2003, with 40 in attendance. It was a lot of planning, but I didn't get the impression that it was a Royal Romance problem, if you stayed in communication with them. I can give you some guidance if you like.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you! I'm a groomer and this was our crazy period of the year so now I'm researching again :D I read some reviews and a lot of people seem to have issues with communication. I'm pretty type A so I'm not sure if that's going to help or not lol!

Deciding on the ship, everyone else's budget and time of year is going to be the biggest headache I think! Then I can move on to the actual planning of the wedding. My honey is trying a cruise for the first time and so I can't really do anything until I find out if he enjoys it. Fingers crossed!