Escape H2 for 6?

k9Rulez

We have been in the 2 bedroom Family Villa's on many ships including the Epic. It was always for 4 of us. This time we are trying to book for 6, but am very wary of trying to fit 6 in the 2 bedroom suites on the Escape. We are 2 married couples along with my sister and her 12 year old son. The H2 would seem to be the way to go at about 800 more per person. Can anyone share pictures of the 2nd bedroom sleeping configuration and the sleeper sofa in the main area. We were thinking about using the couch for the 2nd couple and the 2nd bedroom for my sister and nephew. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Rob

I've stayed in the H2 on the Escape once and will be staying again in August. While it's only been the 4 of us, there is plenty of room for 6. The sofa bed seems to be a king and the second bedroom a full/queen. I can post a couple of pics. Hopefully they are clear.

We have been in the 2 bedroom Family Villa's on many ships including the Epic. It was always for 4 of us. This time we are trying to book for 6, but am very wary of trying to fit 6 in the 2 bedroom suites on the Escape. We are 2 married couples along with my sister and her 12 year old son. The H2 would seem to be the way to go at about 800 more per person. Can anyone share pictures of the 2nd bedroom sleeping configuration and the sleeper sofa in the main area. We were thinking about using the couch for the 2nd couple and the 2nd bedroom for my sister and nephew. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Rob

I can't say I've actually seen them made up. But from looking at it and as others have described, the sofa in LR looks to be about queen size and the murphy bed in the 2nd BR looks to be about a double.

Someone is sailing Aug. 12 in that room and I've asked for pics of the setup. We shall see. We will be sailing in one of those rooms exactly one year from now so we will know by then.

Also, there is a thread I think by Tom and Cheryl floating around here the last couple days with some info in it.

Thank you for the picture. One of the reasons for the confusion was because someone else posted....

dexddd, I'm sorry no photos. I can tell you that it is kindof like a Murphy bed and it.

comes down from the wall. If you check images you will see a silver Handle on the wall and that is how you pull it down.

It is a full or queen size bed. I'm not sure which. My sister is 5'8 around 130 lbs and her husband is about 5'10 and probably 170 lbs. They were comfortable in the bed.

So now I'm wondering... What is that thing on the wall with the 2 handles? :confused:

kabinen-haven-deluxe-owners-suite-17102-6635-norwegian-escape.jpg

Edited by Two Wheels Only

Thank you for the picture. One of the reasons for the confusion was because someone else posted....

So now I'm wondering... What is that thing on the wall with the 2 handles? :confused:

kabinen-haven-deluxe-owners-suite-17102-6635-norwegian-escape.jpg

I took a screenshot from my video. My sister didn't mention any extra storage above the couch. Judging from your pic it looks like there's a lock at the top. I'm thinking storage for bedding and things for the steward [emoji848]ee769d117a5692727cdd02381c95c66e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much for the pics and video. The bed in the 2nd bedroom looks much larger than the one in the 2 bedroom suite. It looks like this will definitely work for us.

Just a heads-up, if you are looking at the H4. The 2 bedroom suite on Escape is smaller in square footage than the same on the Jewel class ships. We were on the Escape in March. The 2nd bedroom was used for my adult son, who fit quite comfortably. Might be tight for a couple, but if used only for sleeping, no problem. It does have a small (think what you would find in a regular cabin) bathroom. The living/dining area will fit 6, but it will be cozy. You might make sure that the couch makes out to a queen sized bed.....on our trip on the Jewel with 6 (also in H4), the couch did not make into a bed.....the butler just put the cushions on the floor and made up a bed for our DD2; DD1 slept on the couch with sheets. They were teenagers, so no issue. Although, I believe the 2nd bedroom on the Jewel had a double bed on bottom and there was a pullman (single) above.

The nice thing about the 2 bedroom is the 2nd bathroom. And the living/dining area for just lounging around. We have always opted for the 2 bedroom because of the privacy issues. That's assuming you are not on the balcony or in the Haven Courtyard! The Escape has the Haven restaurant and bar, along with the courtyard and upper level sundeck (that has a hot tub!) so lots of places to get together without fighting the crowds!

Thanks for all the responses. We were leaning toward the H2 for 6 and the responses helped us to finally decide so we went ahead and booked the Deluxe Owners Suite. This is my wife's retirement cruise so we decided to splurge.

Rob

• 5 years later...

Sorry to dredge up this older thread but can anyone confirm what the bed set up is like in the 2nd bedroom of this Deluxe Owners Suite H2? From this thread I see the couch is a sleeper sofa but is there a Murphy bed that comes out of the wall as well?