NYC - Taxi or Limo to Hotel?

LAN

We are a group of 6 arriving on the Grand Princess on May 6. According to Princess Cruise lines, we should be arriving at the Brooklyn pier. We will be staying two nights in NYC after the cruise and was wondering if we will have a problem grabbing a taxi at the pier to the hotel or if we should arrange for a limo? Can anyone advise? Thanks.

Thanks, Jane. By the way, we are sailing in on the Golden Princess as part of their repositioning cruise and Princess is telling me that we will be at the Brooklyn pier. Is this the new pier or is there another one?

Carmel has left me stranded a couple of times, so I prefer Allstate which is 212-333-3333.

Jane

It doesn't surprise me because when I used them last month for a hotel pickup, they sent three cars. Fortunately, they've never stranded me but I always call and confirm multiple times. I'm sure 'difficult customer' is written beside my name on my reservations.

Happy Valentine's Day! Jane, you post the best info about NYC! Our dilemma is that we bought tickets to "Corteco" on Randall's Island in June. And, we have no idea how to get there from the Times Square area. We thought we could take the subway to 125th and then find a taxi or the bus. But there is another posting saying that there is a ferry at 96th??? I thought I'd post this question both places as I have visions of us wandering around lost for hours. Thanks for any help...

Happy Valentine's Day! Jane, you post the best info about NYC! Our dilemma is that we bought tickets to "Corteco" on Randall's Island in June. And, we have no idea how to get there from the Times Square area. We thought we could take the subway to 125th and then find a taxi or the bus. But there is another posting saying that there is a ferry at 96th??? I thought I'd post this question both places as I have visions of us wandering around lost for hours. Thanks for any help...

Thanks for the compliment as well as the Valentine wishes. Back atcha! :)

Yes, definitely take the ferry. That's the best option. Going to 125th street and looking for a bus or taxi will definitely have you wandering around for hours! LOL!

As you get closer to date, they may post a ferry schedule on the Cirque du Soleil website. If not, ask your hotel concierge. There will probably be a few places to pick up the ferry so you can choose the one closest to your hotel. When we saw one of their productions on Randall's Island a few years ago, we picked up the ferry on 34th street because that's closest to home for us. (It may be the closest one for Times Square too) 96th street was the last ferry stop before Randalls Island.

Jane

Archived