Conquest Review 06/25/06

woohoo4ue

My husband and I (24) and my parents (46) went on the Conquest 06/25/06 for our anniversary, and we all had a fantastic time!

Embarkation: We drove to Dallas the day before to meet my parents. We stayed the night in Dallas and drove to Galveston the day of departure. We had no problems whatsoever. We randomly picked a spot to park the car, I believe it was EZ Cruise and the price was $55 for a 7 day cruise. The lines were long get onboard, but went quick. We carried on 5 bottles of wine and we were never questioned or even looked at funny. =)

Cabin: Our cabin steward left a lot to be desired. I asked her to change the down comforter on our bed 3 times because there was a nasty brown spot on it the day we got there. She never changed it, and we just kept throwing it off the bed every night. The cabin was amazing though. This was our first balcony and it was SO relaxing. The shower is VERY small. I had a really interesting time shaving my legs. =) There was plenty of storage. We were in cabin 8344 on the Verandah deck, which is right in the middle of the ship below the Lido deck. We never heard any noise from the elevators, but we did hear quite a bit of noise early in the morning and late at night when people were dragging chairs around on the deck. It didn't bother us very much, but next time we will go a deck lower.

Dining: The dining room food was amazing. We brought our own wine a couple of nights. We weren't ever charged a corkage fee. On our anniversary we had champagne, strawberries, and flowers at our table. The service was top notch! My husband will probably never go to Chili's again. LOL. He loved being treated like a king. We would give the buffett a C. Pizza and Grill were very good, but my favorite place to eat was a little deli that was kind of hidden on the side of the buffett. It was amazing! I think it's called Paul's Deli. You have GOT to check it out.

Entertainment: We went to several shows. They were all good. We really enjoyed all the adult comedians. The Newlywed Not So Newlywed game was hilarious. We spent most of our nights in the Piano Bar with Brad. He was funny, entertaining, and really good. We even bought his CD. There was a Texas band on board, CRoss Canadian Ragweed. They were very good. The Mardi Gras party was a blast too, don't miss it! The cruise director Todd was a lot of fun. He is really talented..he sings, plays guitar, is a comedian, etc.

Decor: The ship was beautiful, and very easy to navigate once you realize that deck 5 is really the only one that goes all the way thru.

Ports: JAMAICA was our favorite port. We went to Sunset Beach. It was 40pp, and included all you can eat and drink. We layed out by the pool for a while and had our first drink at 10:20am. We walked on the beach, drank, went kayaking, drank, played beach volleyball, drank, swam in the lazy river, drank, then went to the mini water park they have. We did eat lunch at Sunset Beach. I had the burger. It tasted different. Our taxi driver picked us up again and took us to Margarataville, then picked us up again and took us back to the ship.

Grand Cayman: We booked a tour with Captain Bryan's. They told us to be there at 8:45, but we didn't leave until close to 10. The Capt was in a bad mood too. He kept barking orders at everyone. Boo! There were about 40 people on the excursion. Swimming with the stingrays was really cool. We'll probably do it again next time since we didn't get much time with them. We also had a snorkeling stop, but it was out in the middle of the ocean, and the waves made it really hard to snorkel without taking in a mouth of saltwater.

Cozumel: Went to Playa Mia. Very nice beach. Not much to see in the way of snorkeling because of all the hurricane damage, but there is plenty to do to keep you entertained. It's a $15 taxi ride from the pier. We also went to the Hard Rock for lunch, and then shopped.

Other: I noticed that the Adult ONLY pool is really adult only. Carnival has a security officer posted who will ask the children to leave. VERY NICE! If you want peace and quiet during the day do not go to the promenade deck near the disco. That is where Camp Carnival is.

That's all I can think of for now. We can't wait to book our next Carnival cruise!!

My husband and I (24) and my parents (46) went on the Conquest 06/25/06 for our anniversary, and we all had a fantastic time!

Embarkation: We drove to Dallas the day before to meet my parents. We stayed the night in Dallas and drove to Galveston the day of departure. We had no problems whatsoever. We randomly picked a spot to park the car, I believe it was EZ Cruise and the price was $55 for a 7 day cruise. The lines were long get onboard, but went quick. We carried on 5 bottles of wine and we were never questioned or even looked at funny. =)

Cabin: Our cabin steward left a lot to be desired. I asked her to change the down comforter on our bed 3 times because there was a nasty brown spot on it the day we got there. She never changed it, and we just kept throwing it off the bed every night. The cabin was amazing though. This was our first balcony and it was SO relaxing. The shower is VERY small. I had a really interesting time shaving my legs. =) There was plenty of storage. We were in cabin 8344 on the Verandah deck, which is right in the middle of the ship below the Lido deck. We never heard any noise from the elevators, but we did hear quite a bit of noise early in the morning and late at night when people were dragging chairs around on the deck. It didn't bother us very much, but next time we will go a deck lower.

Dining: The dining room food was amazing. We brought our own wine a couple of nights. We weren't ever charged a corkage fee. On our anniversary we had champagne, strawberries, and flowers at our table. The service was top notch! My husband will probably never go to Chili's again. LOL. He loved being treated like a king. We would give the buffett a C. Pizza and Grill were very good, but my favorite place to eat was a little deli that was kind of hidden on the side of the buffett. It was amazing! I think it's called Paul's Deli. You have GOT to check it out.

Entertainment: We went to several shows. They were all good. We really enjoyed all the adult comedians. The Newlywed Not So Newlywed game was hilarious. We spent most of our nights in the Piano Bar with Brad. He was funny, entertaining, and really good. We even bought his CD. There was a Texas band on board, CRoss Canadian Ragweed. They were very good. The Mardi Gras party was a blast too, don't miss it! The cruise director Todd was a lot of fun. He is really talented..he sings, plays guitar, is a comedian, etc.

Decor: The ship was beautiful, and very easy to navigate once you realize that deck 5 is really the only one that goes all the way thru.

Ports: JAMAICA was our favorite port. We went to Sunset Beach. It was 40pp, and included all you can eat and drink. We layed out by the pool for a while and had our first drink at 10:20am. We walked on the beach, drank, went kayaking, drank, played beach volleyball, drank, swam in the lazy river, drank, then went to the mini water park they have. We did eat lunch at Sunset Beach. I had the burger. It tasted different. Our taxi driver picked us up again and took us to Margarataville, then picked us up again and took us back to the ship.

Grand Cayman: We booked a tour with Captain Bryan's. They told us to be there at 8:45, but we didn't leave until close to 10. The Capt was in a bad mood too. He kept barking orders at everyone. Boo! There were about 40 people on the excursion. Swimming with the stingrays was really cool. We'll probably do it again next time since we didn't get much time with them. We also had a snorkeling stop, but it was out in the middle of the ocean, and the waves made it really hard to snorkel without taking in a mouth of saltwater.

Cozumel: Went to Playa Mia. Very nice beach. Not much to see in the way of snorkeling because of all the hurricane damage, but there is plenty to do to keep you entertained. It's a $15 taxi ride from the pier. We also went to the Hard Rock for lunch, and then shopped.

Other: I noticed that the Adult ONLY pool is really adult only. Carnival has a security officer posted who will ask the children to leave. VERY NICE! If you want peace and quiet during the day do not go to the promenade deck near the disco. That is where Camp Carnival is.

That's all I can think of for now. We can't wait to book our next Carnival cruise!!

Great review. I wonder if that deli you discovered has good reubans'?:D

Tell me about Cross Canadian Ragweed. I'm guessing that they were not a part of the ships entertainment, but part of a special group tour perhaps? I would have love to have them on one of my cruises. They are great!! You are lucky. BTW-they are from Oklahoma, not Texas.

Well I first heard about Cross Canadian Ragweed when the CD said CCR was onboard. LOL. My husband and I were like no way, so we went up to check it out, and sure enough it wasn't the real CCR. ;) They were an amazing band though, and they can really rock out. Even my Mom and Dad enjoyed it even though they felt a little out of place! The band was on the ship for a one time deal. They had a bunch of fans onboard that had come on the cruise just to be with them. They fans were crazy fun! They all kept talking about how they couldn't wait to get to Jamaica!!:rolleyes: I really thought they were from Texas, and I'm from Oklahoma!

I'm doing the same cruise with my daughter on the 30th of this month...we're very excited! We're arriving in Houston the day before the cruise and spending the night there. The next morning we'll take the hotel provided shuttle back to the airport and we'll take Carnival's transportation to Galveston. I didn't want to hassel with a rental car.

Thanks for the nice review! Oh, I read on one of these reviews that it's helpful to bring a powerstrip and a night light.

Tell me about Cross Canadian Ragweed. I'm guessing that they were not a part of the ships entertainment, but part of a special group tour perhaps? I would have love to have them on one of my cruises. They are great!! You are lucky. BTW-they are from Oklahoma, not Texas.

If they are there on our cruise Snoozeman, I will be really excited. That would be really great.

Stockcerts: I would bring a power strip. There was only one outlet in the whole room!

Wanderingjew: They have open seating for breakfast and lunch. We ate breakfast in the Monet Dining Room.

They do have really good reubans! They have lots of fresh pickles too! I love pickles. =)

Thanks Woohoo! I saw that mentioned in another post as well. I'm going to pick one up this weekend.

I just bought a new suitcase to as my old one (about 12 years old), died an untimely death on a recent trip. It was the old style without wheels or a handle. I bought a nice Samsonite 29" on sale at Mervyn's for $125-. Besides having wheels and a handle, there are lots of nice compartments which are lined in plastic, so if anything opens due to pressure in the airplane, it won't soak my clothes. On a recent trip to Key West I had a bottle of wrinkle releaser open up and it was a mess! The new suitcase is larger than what I'll need for most trips, but I'd rather have more space than needed, rather than not enough.

Happy Friday everyone!

Those are the BEST Reubans I have ever tasted, had one just about every day!!!!

Can anyone tell me what nights are formal nights on the Conquest?:confused:

I've also read on here that the wrinkle releaser shows up when you take pictures. So that's something to keep in mind! I'm sure you will have a fantastic time.

I always pack wrinkle releaser, but I put it in a ziploc bag, in case the nozzle happens to open. :)

Archived