Constellation - 3/12/05 - Chartered???

parrothead1

Has anyone heard this? I am booked on this with another 4 couples, and I saw that it is not listed on the Celebrity sight as being available. I called X and they told me it was chartered and I should call my TA, they all know about it and I should have been told. I called my TA today and she had no idea about this and had not heard a word from X. She called them and they said it is not listed as they are waiting to hear from the revenue dept before they tell her it is official. I can understand that part from a financial point of view, but what other options do you think MIGHT be made available? In all my cruises, I have never had this happen before.

Any help or thoughts?

Thanks!!

hiya parrot,

i was also looking for the 3-12-05 sailing and found it listed on 1 site only. My best guess is it has been chartered at this time.

Last march while on the connie we heard that a group charters the ship every year around that time, so im guessing thats the week they have chosen. You can book the week before or after and keep your reservation for the 12th as well, just wait until about 2 weeks before final payment and if it is chartered(or if you know before that date) then you have a backup week.

I am going on the connie nov13th and will book my next cruise for march while onboard(get $100 shipboard credit) so hopefully i they will know by then if its been chartered.

Let me know if you find anything out..thanx

*sweet*

Wow -- isn't this the second gay cruise that has been chartered or bumped passengers on Celebrity for either later this year or early next year :( ?

Parrothead -- get back in touch with TA quickly and tell them about that website. They should be able to tell you something now.

Newtocc -- how do you find these things out :cool:

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I am a little TICKED off right now, to put it nicely. :mad:

I agree...however better to find out now. I would be very uncomfortable in this environment...see what the alternatives are and next year speak with your cheque book. While I am very much an X devotee, how they handle this situation will determine if they deserve the elevated status within this industry that they claim they are pursueing.

TA is already working on it. Her first question was why didn't they know who this group was and it was already out there on the net for bookings?

I am little upset that groups, not just this one, but groups in general, can come along, inside a year of sailing, and take away bookings already made, give their people great rates, and I need to make my bookings a year in advance to get what cabin/catagory I want and the rate I want. Cruise lines in general need to be a little more sensative to their current booked guests and be a little firmer with these groups about "Stealing" bookings and ships like this. :mad: :mad:

I'll get off my soapbox now.

I agree...however better to find out now. I would be very uncomfortable in this environment...see what the alternatives are and next year speak with your cheque book. While I am very much an X devotee, how they handle this situation will determine if they deserve the elevated status within this industry that they claim they are pursueing.

Agreed, better to find out now, then when we board the ship! :eek: We'll see what they offer us. I'm just a little upset that we are going to lose the cabin we had. It was a CC with the extra large balcony on deck 9. :( I can't imagine what is available on the sailing a week earlier or on another ship right now. I want my same rate at least, plus maybe some cabin credit?? :D ;)

I agree with Danno. Also, four of the six gay cruises on that website are on Celebrity. The other two on Royal Caribbean. I'm not exactly sure what this is telling me about Celebrity :confused: (if anything :confused: ).

Parrothead - you have every right to be on your soapbox. Any possibility of joining us on Summit. Hopefully, if you are bumped off Constellation, you should be able to book another cruise at the price you have already paid for this one.

A little advice...when this is resolved, and even if you don't get exactly the cabin you want, forget about it. Being angry or upset really won't punish anyone but you and those around you. Life goes on, take Celebrity to the wall, I'm sure they'll be more likely to go the extra yard if they think they can retain you as a client... but once it's over, it's over.

Just a note, a few years back, my cabin was mysteriously yanked from me and given to another. I was on Century and it was a cabin in an unusually quiet area with great access to the aft decks...I never did get it back :mad: , but I did get a $350 cabin credit, I still would have prefered what I paid for. No one ever did admit to taking my cabin, but the were determined I wasn't getting it back. I think someone within X had a bit more clout than I had.

A little advice...when this is resolved, and even if you don't get exactly the cabin you want, forget about it. Being angry or upset really won't punish anyone but you and those around you. Life goes on, take Celebrity to the wall, I'm sure they'll be more likely to go the extra yard if they think they can retain you as a client... but once it's over, it's over.

Oh, I know. There is nothing that can be done at this point, but I will see what compensation they are going to offer, check other ships or other weeks on Constellation, and take it from there. I know they will make it right, as best they can, I'm just a little dissapointed right now.

You have every right to be...these people have a business to run BUT keeping confirmed customers in the dark while they sell the ship out from under them shows a decided lack of class.

Archived