Your Absolute Favorite Carnival Ship and WHY???

LINANRIC

The Carnival Destiny only because it was our first cruise. That was in 1999, the ship was fairly new and beautiful. We were new to cruising. Had a balcony on the empress deck and did the Eastern. It was awesome. The Destiny might not remain my favorite ship, but it will always be my fondest ship.

I have to agree with DKobler about the Destiny as she was my first ship, too. We did the Western the first year she came out. This year I'm returning home to the Destiny to do the Southern Itinerary.

Our first cruise was in 1992 on the Ecstasy. The first is always the most memorable; however, our most favorite was on the Destiny. The combination of the Southern Caribbean islands and the beauty of the ship made that cruise in 2001 our best. We are going again in September. I hope we enjoy it as much as the first time.

The Pride. :cool: I've only sailed on 2 ships- 3 times on the Ecstasy and once on the Pride The Pride is a beautiful ship. We had an aft cabin with a wrap around balcony that made this trip even more spectacular. Since the Ecstasy was my 1st cruise, she will always hold a special place in my heart.

I've narrowed it down to 2.

1st - the Imagination, it wasn't too big or too small allowing a little more personal association between guests and crew (particularly in the dining room).

2nd - the Spirit (my first balcony) it is a beautiful ship and easy to get around.

Holiday - 1994

Celebration - 1995

Imagination - 1996

Imagination - 1999

Imagination - 2000

Paradise - 2001

Spirit - 2002

Triumph - 2003

We have sailed the Sensation, Inspiration and the Glory. In that order. I loved the smaller ships and had a great cruise on each but after you sail a ship like the Glory what else can compare, and how do you go back to the smaller ships? I have booked the Inspiration fot a cruise this coming January and I am curious to see what I think after the cruise. I have also booked the Miracle late next year. Looking forward to that one. It will be sailing from Tamp. That's where the Sensation and the Inspiration sailed from as well.

Happy cruising.

I know the decor is a bit....different :D , but I have to say that so far, my favorite ship is the Miracle...it was my best cruise. Why.....it just was 'fun'...from the minute we walked on, we felt relaxed and new we were in for a great time, which we did have!

Used to be the ELATION (I love the size and layout of Fantasy-class ships), but now its the PRIDE (not too big, not too small, and absolutely the best layout going on Carnival ships).

Looking forward to the SPIRIT doing the lower Mexican Riviera this fall (I hope). :D

Archived