Norwegian Dawn 7/4-7/11/04

MaryLS

Our first cruise. We had mini-suites 11630 & 11632 and 1 inside cabin. The Dawn was a wonderful ship and the staff was most attentive. The food was incredible. The longest we waited to be seated in the dining room was about 15 minutes and there were 10 of us. We ate at the Mexican restaurant which was wonderful, Cagney's & Teppanyaki. I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you have. I'm hooked on cruising and have already booked my next one on Dec. 11 at a great price.

Glad you and your party had a great time.

I will be crusing on 9/12 and am curious about a few things also.

1. Age group of your group

2. Did you try Le Bistro - how was it?

3. Did anyone use the Spa's services? which ones?

4. Did you go on any shore excursions? which ones?

5. What would you recommend doing or not missing?

Thanks so much for any information you can share.

G

How was your mini suite?We are in #11686 an AG at the end beside the spa.Did you have an overhang and if not was there any shade?

dorothy....are you in the the very front of the ship? I think all the cabins have over hangs except for the ones in the front that have huge balconies that stretch way out in front. I am looking at pictures of the Dawn front and back and I do not see any cabins without an over hang. Did someone tell you there might not be one for your cabin? :confused:

Hi! Can you tell me a little more about the night life - if you participated in it - how was the disco? The age group? Trying to plan next cruise and thinking about the Dawn! Thanks!!

We didn't do the disco. I can't say there was an "average" age on the ship. There were all ages! There were 10 in our party ranging in age from 7-80. We saw the comedy show twice (2 different shows) and went to Karoke one night. We mostly enjoyed the hot tubs by the pool after dinner. Two in our party went to LeBistro and enjoyed it. Mother-in-law, 80 years old, got spa services, I think a massage and spoke highly of it. My cousin and her family found it cheaper to rent a van than to do the NCL excursion in Port Canaveral to go to the Space Center. The kids are 7, 13 and 14 and just loved the Space Center. In Nassau they did the NCL Atlantis aquarium and loved that also. I went for a horse & buggy ride in Nassau to tour the town. It was $10 each for about a 30 minute ride. Our driver was "Elvis" and his horse was "Mr. Wonderful". Elvis was a great tour guide and very informative. I then did some shopping in Nassau. I hated the straw market....so hot and confined. Many vendors in an enclosed tent...one match and the place is history! Don't miss the poolside barbecues or the Chocolate Buffet. Really didn't indulge too much in the choc. but it was incredible to see. Be aware, it gets crowded and the line looks like it will take forever, but trust me, it moves very quickly. Don't miss the private island. The beach and water are absolutely beautiful. They also have a live band and a barbecue on the beach. Rent a float for about $8...you will use it all day. Book all excursions early as the more popular ones sell out quickly. Our mini-suites had complete overhangs which we loved. I'm going on Caribbean Princess in Dec and somewhat disappointed the balcony will be exposed. I hope this helped.

Thank you so much for the great info! It's funny because I really don't know what cruise I will book next but I really interested in the Dawn and I never really gave NCL too much thought. I know someone that is sailing on the Dawn so I picked up a brochure for the heck of it and thought I would check it out on the NCL board - so far I liked what I have read and saw some pics on webshots - I soooooo love the carpet!!!! Plus sailing out of NY - I really do not want to fly! I am going to look into pricing for the Dawn for next fall!!! I read about the chocolate buffet - oh yeah - I would be sooooo there!!!! The Caribbean Princess looks really nice too!!!!!!! Thanks again!

Terri

Thank you so much for the great info! It's funny because I really don't know what cruise I will book next but I really interested in the Dawn and I never really gave NCL too much thought. I know someone that is sailing on the Dawn so I picked up a brochure for the heck of it and thought I would check it out on the NCL board - so far I liked what I have read and saw some pics on webshots - I soooooo love the carpet!!!! Plus sailing out of NY - I really do not want to fly! I am going to look into pricing for the Dawn for next fall!!! I read about the chocolate buffet - oh yeah - I would be sooooo there!!!! The Caribbean Princess looks really nice too!!!!!!! Thanks again!

Terri

Glad I could help! I found a great travel agent with whom I am really pleased. He made my first experience wonderful. If you are interested in a quote, e-mail me and I will give you the info. No, I am not a T/A...just a very pleased first time cruiser!

we also are thinking of cruising this ship out of NYC. Are there any balcony cabins that are a little nicer than the regular cabins in the same cat.? What I mean is on Carnival Legend room 8232 which is a cat.8I has a much larger balcony than the other cat.8I,so I'm looking for a couple hints on which cabin to check into.

Laura

Dorothy L,

I can't answer that for certain but I would think the balcony would be covered.

Laura,

There are different grades for all cabin types. I would suggest you speak with your T/A about the differences.

Hi Uneamie! Do you ever see Sinkers22 lurking around the boards?? I sailed with her on the Legend last year. I thought she was looking into the Dawn??

Terri

Hi Terri,

I was on the legend with you also last year. Sinkers and hubby are doing a cruise on the Dawn in March, Myself and hubby are going in April. Will be hard to beat the Legend, but we sure are looking forward to it!

Lauren

Hi Lauren!!!! How are you? It's nice to see you are still on CC!!! How is Linda? Tell her I said Hi!!! We are sailing on the Legend in October for a cruise to nowhere! I can't wait to get back on her again!! Just to think that last year at this time we were getting so very excited for our cruise!!! I can't believe it has almost been a year!!! That's great you guys are sailing on the Dawn! I don't know if you remember Liz - she was with me when we met for the first time - her coworker is sailing on the Dawn next month so when we went to the TA to pay off the CTN I picked up the brochure and was looking through it and I am thinking this will be the perfect next cruise!! I am thinking of doing an official cc group cruise on the Dawn next October!!! I hope you keep in touch and I see you around!!!

Terri

P. S. I still remember the video camera story!! In fact I thought of it the other night when uneamie asked if I stayed in the aft cabin but it was Linda instead!!

Hi Lauren!!!! We are sailing on the Legend in October for a cruise to nowhere! I can't wait to get back on her again!!

Wow...:eek: You get to go on the Legend again. I am jealous! :rolleyes: I sure do miss the Legend. What a wonderful cruise we had on her. I wish she had a different itinerary since my hubby does not like to do the same ones over again. Maybe one day we will think about the cruise to nowhere too.

Have not seen Sinkers on the boards for a long time. I know she is going on the Dawn in April I believe. If you run into her here please say Hi from Barbara for me OK?

Have a great time Terri! :)

Thanks Barbara!! I can't wait to get back on the Legend! It's funny because the week we got back from the Legend, I saw a post from someone who wanted to do a group cruise for the CTN - well they do not do group cruises on CTN's and the girl who posted about it decided that she wanted to sail next year for a week - therefore cancelling the cruise to nowhere. Since that time - we have met - she lives in Philly too - and we are rooming together along with my friend and another Philly cc'er!!! Funny how things work out! Now hopefully next year at this time I will be getting ready to sail on the Dawn!!! I am sure I will see you around the boards!

Terri

Terri! Barbara! It's me, Stinkers!!!! (lol, Barbara) We're booked on the Dawn 3/6/05. Can't wait. Countdown clock is under 200...lol.

Barbara, you'll be the first one of the group on the Dawn. You have to tell us everything! I wonder when the weather will get nice in March. Hopefully by Monday night, since we arrive in Port Canaveral on Tuesday.

I think our next cruise will be back on the Legend. I'm hoping she will go back to Bermuda a couple of times. Want to go back there soooo bad.

If not, another 8 day to Islands for us!

I'll be lurking on boards and posting when I have time, so please keep in touch!

Linda

Terri! Barbara! It's me, Stinkers!!!! (lol, Barbara) We're booked on the Dawn 3/6/05. Can't wait. Countdown clock is under 200...lol.

Barbara, you'll be the first one of the group on the Dawn. You have to tell us everything! I wonder when the weather will get nice in March. Hopefully by Monday night, since we arrive in Port Canaveral on Tuesday.

I think our next cruise will be back on the Legend. I'm hoping she will go back to Bermuda a couple of times. Want to go back there soooo bad.

If not, another 8 day to Islands for us!

I'll be lurking on boards and posting when I have time, so please keep in touch!

Linda

Hey Linda!

How the heck are ya? Missed you here on the boards. I have been posting on NCL boards for some time now.

So your going in March. It should be much warmer then. We are going in January but we are doing the 11 day cruise so I know we will get warm weather at some point. We wanted to do a longer cruise this time... since the Legend was 8 days and just not enough time. We would like to do Bermuda again sometime too. If we do we will definately do it on the Legend. We loved the Legend.:D

I will most certainly let you all know when we return how everything was on the Dawn. I will post a good review for ya, I promise.

Take care Linda....keep in touch here on these boards now! ;)

Hi Linda!!!! See how you are missed???? It's nice to see you post and Lauren too!!! I have not seen anyone from our Legend cruise last year on the boards for a long time!!! Diane - do you remember her - she brought the Legend Log (that I never signed) she was just on the Carnival Miracle this past week - so I was able to say HI to her!!! Kathleen - have never been on the boards again! I guess she didn't like cruising!!! She was soooooooo into it before the crusie though! I miss my first cruising buddies - but in the process have made some new ones and ones that even live locally that I have met and rooming with on the Legend in October for the CTN!!! Maybe we should have a reunion on the Legend again!!! Hope to hear from you!!

Terri

Archived