room assignment

erRN2be

I did the inside guarantee.. and I saw on a thread before that there will be a way for me to kind of figure out where they have placed us? How do you do that again and how soon will I be able to find that out?

You can do a search and find plenty... actually I think there are several posts on this on the first 2 pages... I believe you can do it 70 days out, but by that time, with the new Carnival Policy, you will probably have your docs with your cabin assignment anyways....

Guest Crazeecat5

Hey Goin,

What's the new policy? Last cruised with Carnival in Feb.04

and I don't think we had our docs 70 days out. Please inform.

Thanks,

Sheryl

For a search you try "guarantee" "find cabin number" or any number of combinations. As for the new policy, bookings made from here out as a guarantee will recieve docs and assignments 6-8 weeks out and will not change once they are assigned...

We booked GTY and found out about 6 or 7 weeks in advance. Docs did not come until 4 weeks out. To find out LOG ONTO CARNIVAL WEBSITE. CLICK ON MY RESERVATION. GO TO MODIFY BOOKING. SCROLL TO BOTTOM OF PAGE> IT SHOULD BE THERE.

You will not see your assingment until 7 weeks out. The original poster that has over 200 days to wait-- you will have to be patient. If you are NOT booked as a group- go to the carnival webpage and make your reservation. it willl show your cruise and how many days you have. When you go into your reservation--while on that page.

http://www.carnival.com/BookModify.aspx

put that into your brower- that will show you your booking- your cabin assignment. If you booked a gauarantee it will show what you booked up until 7 weeks out. scroll down more and it will show you what it costs- deposits and everything else. Yes, this also works for people who booked outside of carnival.

I did not book directly through Carnival, used a TA. I tried doing what serene56 suggested, but I am getting an error right now. I'll keep trying.

We leave in 29 days, and don't have our docs. Should I be concerned? When should we receive them?

I did not book directly through Carnival, used a TA. I tried doing what serene56 suggested, but I am getting an error right now. I'll keep trying.

We leave in 29 days, and don't have our docs. Should I be concerned? When should we receive them?

Ditto, I leave 9/5.

Can't get to it!

CPT; It doesnt matter if you booked thru Carnival or thru an agent. Are you booked with a group?? The message you get is it 550 something like that?? You cant get the information if you are booked as a group- sorry. But your agent should have your cabin assignement by now. Give them a call and find out. 20 days and you still dont have documents?? did you just book recently?

I don't understand how you can all say that we can get our cabin number through a guaranteed room before the cruise? I have called Carnival, my TA and did the Kelly Method and the modify method and have received my docs for my cruise next week and come up with nothing! The doc method proves nothing to me because any numbers or letters after the reservation numbers do not correspond to any numbers or letters on any deck. It just has TBA after my reservation numbers and other numbers that do not work out right at all. My TA and Carnival says we do not have an assigned cabin as of yet until we get to the dock. I don't know if this is good or bad for us not to have an assigned cabin until the day we sail! HELP!! LOL

Carnival has changed their policy the 1st of July I think. All cabin assignments will be had in 7 weeks. Cricket- Did you just book your cruise recently? Are you booked as a group?? if either of these questions is yes...you wont get it yet until you get to the pier. But if the answer is NO. look at your documents and find the page for the sign and sail information. Look at the back of that page. Look for a very long number which starts with your booking number.

You can email me at serene56@aol.com and give me the number without the booking number and i can try to help you out.

Thought I'd join the fun! :D I have also been trying to use the 'BookModify.aspx' option in order to find my cabin #. I booked through an outside agency, not booked with a group, go thru 'My Reservation' and login. Then I replace the /MyReservation.aspx with /BookModify.aspx and I get the following error:

"We apologize, an error occurred while processing your request. Carnival.com technical support has been notified of the problem and will be working to resolve the issue.

If you would like to email Carnival.com technical support, please use the following email address: support@carnival.com. "

Any thoughts...or has anyone been able to get to this page over the past few days???

Info. appreciated :confused:

Hi All

I DID get my information about 42 days out by using the method posted on this board. Someone else going on my trip did the same. However, I've been trying it ever since to see what I can do about upgrading and have been getting that same error.

I called the TA the other day and he told me it wasn't assigned yet but I new better :-)

Since I didn't get any type of upgrade and jumped onboard an almost full ship only a couple of months ahead of time, I wouldn't mind at all if they changed it! lol

Because of the hurricane and problems in Miami (thats where Carnival is based) Give it a few days and the site should be up and working again.

Remember you wont be able to see your cabin assignment untila t least 7 weeks before sailing.

Mar: you said you found your cabin by the modifying method. What did you book and what did you get? and what were you looking to upgrade to?

With a gaurantee you gotta take what they give you or pay the difference from what you booked to what you want and pay the difference.

For whatever reason, the Carnival website doesn't currently let you view the 'bookmodify' page directly. However, when you access it from a third-party site (e.g., this message), it works. I don't know why, it just does.

So, open another browser window and log onto Carnival and access your "My Reservation" page, then tab back here and click on the link below:

http://www.carnival.com/bookmodify.aspx

I know it sounds dubious -- just try it.

Darn. I just tried as you described NewCruzer1, but I got the same:

We apologize, an error occurred while processing your request. Carnival.com technical support has been notified of the problem and will be working to resolve the issue.

Oh well, it was worth a try.

Archived