Live from The Jewel of the Sea

sue.young

We are in cabin 8670 on the aft. Cruise director is Jill. The dining room service has been very good. The food is good, some meals better than others. Have eaten at Chops and Portifino's, both very nice. They have been doing a lunch at the speciality restruants on sea days for $10 pp. Have not tried them for lunch, but will post the lunch menu when we get home.

Our crossing has been very smooth, took a little different route to avoid any problems due to hurricaines.

Will check in later.

Cabins are the same size as other radiace class ships. Have not gone to any of the shows, but have heard positive comments from other passengers. The live music is very good , love Barry from Boston at the piano in the Schooner Bar.

Hi Sue,

How does the Jewel compare to the other ships in this class. We have an aft room booked next to yours next april? Are the balconies bigger?

Keep us posted about the lunch menu at Portofino's and Chops.

Judy

Hi Sue,

We are booked in aft cabin 9260 and I was wondering do you feel more vibration in the back of the ship? Also, do you have lounge chairs on your balcony?

How is the food in the Windjammer? Have heard reports that the food is cold. Thanks.

Sue this is too funny..

I have an employee by the name of Sue Young. She is actually on maternity leave and it started on August 30th.. Now, I know you and her are not the same 2 people.. but I printed off your posting stating you were on the Jewel etc etc and made copies and posted it around the offices with various captions...

" Don't Lie .. You will be caught "

" She really was not pregnant... it was just her fannypack"

ETC ETC ETC

Its getting a good laugh here at work.. I even laminated one and put it on her computer screen .. taped so when she returns she can laugh about it...

Tom

Sue....I was in Cobh on Saturday and stood on the balcony of my hotel as you guys come into port....wow Jewel looks great. I also watched you leave as she blew three times as she passed Cobh and with all the sail boats around, you guys were some sight. You were lucky with the weather on Saturday, Friday was dull and misting all day....Anne

Sue, glad to hear your having a nice crossing. I will be on her the 18th. Doing the Canada/Maine route. Can you tell me if there is a bartender at the Schooner bar name Nazrul? He was on the Brilliance and said he was going to the Jewel after a vacation. He's the best.

Thanks

Hey Sue, I'm so jealous. I have to wait a whole year. I don't sail until next year Sept 22nd. I wouldn't know where to begin with the questions. Last cruise was on the Explorer was May 2004. I can't wait to see the new ship. Have a great time and take good care of her. L J

Hi Sue!

Lucky girl! We'll be on Jewel next year november.

I have a question: can you find out who the international ambassador is at the moment? Thanks!!! :) If it would happen to be a Belgian girl, can you get an e-mail address for her? We were on Mariner earlier this year and she said she was going to Jewel. Maybe she'll remember us, young Belgian couple...

Have fun!!!

Sue,

Thanks for posting from the Jewel. Is there a charge for all Internet access on the boat? Are there kiosks where you can e-mail home or are you traveling with your own laptop? What kind of stations can the in-room television get?

I'll be on the boat next month! Whoopee!

Now, I know you and her are not the same 2 people.. but I printed off your posting stating you were on the Jewel etc etc and made copies and posted it around the offices with various captions...

" Don't Lie .. You will be caught "

" She really was not pregnant... it was just her fannypack"

ETC ETC ETC

Tom

Tom I like your sense of humor---neighbor............

Lisa

Good Morning,

Will try and answer your questions and will find out those that I don't know.

Tom, This cruisse is much better than being pregnant. (atleast at my age).

There is a charge for the internet, there are kiosks which I use and the charge is nominal, or you can get a connection in your cabin. Connections are slow. Best time to email I have found is late at night. In the morning RCCL is sending info back to Miami.

We have CNN, ESPN, movies etc on the TV. Can not get CNN when we were in the middle of the Atlantic. Great repection otherwise. Only about 2 days on this cruise.

We love the transatlantic crossing, the days at sea are the best. We are doing the Jewel again in May of 05.

Will check on the Loyalty Ambassador

Madforcruising Who are you friends will try to make contact if you want.

Will try and look at 7176 and the bartender at the schooner bar (like I need an excuse to go to the schooner bar.

The weather has been great! We were very lucky this entire trip, Cobb is a very pretty city, we tok a tour to Kinsail also very pretty.

We have not felt much vibration at all, as the trip has been so smooth. Only a little rocky one night, but we like the motion of the ocean.

Only have had lunch in the Windammer, have not noticed cold food. FYI I ordered eggs benidict(not on the roomservice munu) but they brought it.

Bret, the congierge (sp) is wonderful. Over 1000 passengers are repeaters and there are 109 diamond members on this sailing. There have opened a second congeirge lounge for the evening. Very Nice.

The ship is beautiful and everything looks brand new, we are taking good care of her as we will be back in May.

Off to Bingo.

Will check in later

We are scheduled to cruise on the Jewel on 10/8 - 18 for the New England - Canada itenerary. The time to cruise cannot go fast enough and the time during the cruise can't go slow enough!! I have seen pictures of the ship and she looks beautiful - is she better than the pictures? Have you tried the solarium pool? Is it heated? When you get back, please let us know about the Boston cruise terminal and how long it took you to disembark and get to the airport.

Have a great balance of your cruise.

Hi Sue,

We are booked in aft cabin 9260 and I was wondering do you feel more vibration in the back of the ship? Also, do you have lounge chairs on your balcony?

How is the food in the Windjammer? Have heard reports that the food is cold. Thanks.

always good to find another eagles faN:cool:

DEAN & ALICE

Archived