Tipping on the Eurodam

jtl513

Will you leave a cash tip in the Tamarind and Canaletto?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Will you leave a cash tip in the Tamarind and Canaletto?

• Yes, but less than in the PG
    • Yes, about the same as in the PG
    • No

I do NOT want to start another war on whether tips are necessary in the Pinnacle Grill, but from those of you who NOW leave a cash tip in the PG, do you intend to leave a cash tip in the Tamarind and Canaletto? Please, if you do not now tip in the PG, do not respond to this poll. Thank you.

We are people that believe that if you receive above average service those providing it are entitled to a tip.

Remember one cruise where took slippers into grill for the two that waited on us the the Grill Manager.......It made their day

Ruth & Jim

I'm really surprised the way this poll is going. First, I thought that the #1 choice would be by far the most common. Second, only 18% of the readers have voted. Does that mean that about 80% of the readers don't tip in the PG now? I suppose some don't ever go to the PG, and some don't expect to sail on the Eurodam.

I have over 100 days on HAL ships and have never eaten in the PG. I did vote as I wouldn't tip in any of the 3 restaurants. Aren't they covered by the $10 per day? We do give extra to our room steward, ...
PLEASE! I do NOT want this to become yet another thread about whether you should or should not tip in the PG, or whether you should or should not tip anybody else. All I want to know is, IF you NOW tip in the PG, do you plan to tip in the Tamarind/Canaletto or not. If the thread starts to go toward the old arguments again I'll ask the hosts to pull the offending posts. Thank you! :)

I find these results so far interesting and, to me, unexpected.

38% say they will tip in the Tamarind and Canaletto as much as in the Pinnacle, implying that the T&C will offer the same degree of upscale dining experience.

An approximately equal amount (44%) of people who currently tip in the PG say they will not tip in the T&C, implying that they equate the T&C more akin to the Lido or dining room, where most people do not leave a cash tip after dinner.

Only 17% think the T&C experience will fall between those extremes, warranting a tip but not as much as the PG. I'm in this minority! :)

We had an excellent lunch (no surcharge) in Tamarind on July 4th.

The food and the lady servers from Bali were fantastic.

So yes we tipped them and they deserved it!

Archived