Did I get the worst veranda room?

gpower

This is my first Celebrity Cruise, we have been on a bunch of cruises with other cruise lines but couldnt turn down a great price on a balcony gauranteed room on the new Solstice. I just got my room and they gave me Deluxe Ocean View W/ Veranda , #6161 - Anyone know if this is in front of the big life boats? Any chance my TA will upgrade? Did they stick me with the worst veranda room possible? Thanks

I do think your cabin will be behind lifeboats. We went on a cabin crawl and were able to see 6188. I took some pictures of the obstructed view.

Garry

Straight out view:

lifeboatondeck6-vi.jpg

Looking left:

lifeboatdeck62-vi.jpg

Looking right:

lifeboatdeck63-vi.jpg

I really have no idea but why do you think it is the worse possible cabin?

I looked at a picture of the ship and looked to me like some of the life boats run higher and intrude on the view. I was thinking this room was located behind one of these.

Actually, 6161 is still in the lifeboat area, but in that section, they are lower than the pictures gkm took. In the picture below (starboard side, but look at the cabin 3 to the left of 6156 where the mounting brackets are. That is 6162 which is the same as 6161 on the port side). Her pictures were taken in the last cabin on the left and that boat is clearly higher than the one in front of 6161. It looks like the top of the boats will be about even with the deck on your balcony and would only obstruct your view when you look down. If you got a good price, I wouldn't be very upset.

SOLFwd2-vi.jpg

I just came back from 6188 as shown in the photos. It was behind a tender, and luckily I had the opening of the davits between the tenders. In 6161 you will be above just a regular sized lifeboat, and I don't think it will be any problem at all. I was very satisfied even with the tender.

OP, what date and what price?

I just came back from 6188 as shown in the photos. It was behind a tender, and luckily I had the opening of the davits between the tenders. In 6161 you will be above just a regular sized lifeboat, and I don't think it will be any problem at all. I was very satisfied even with the tender.

OP, what date and what price?

thanks for the response - we are sailing on 2/15 and got the room for $990 pp - i think a good deal considering where people are saying the cabin is - you think so? I was nervous booking a guaranteed room

Archived