Where is Bea Mueller

David21

Hi Everyone - Happy New Year!

Does anyone know where the famous (QE2) Bea Mueller has decided

to live? I heard she was deciding between the QM2 and the Queen

Victoria. Please let me know if anyone knows. I find her very interesting and a very nice lady.

Dave

Hi Everyone - Happy New Year!

Does anyone know where the famous (QE2) Bea Mueller has decided

to live? I heard she was deciding between the QM2 and the Queen

Victoria. Please let me know if anyone knows. I find her very interesting and a very nice lady.

Dave

She was on QV until today with her Son !

Happy New Year

Thanks Gav Boy -

She use to live near me. Do you know if she decided where

she is going to live? I hope the Queen Mary 2. I guess you

don't know where she is going today right? How was your cruise by the way?

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks Gav Boy -

She use to live near me. Do you know if she decided where

she is going to live? I hope the Queen Mary 2. I guess you

don't know where she is going today right? How was your cruise by the way?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Southampton Cruiser answered your question :D

I had a great time thank you, love the Ship and crew and cant wait to get back onboard ;)

Gav :cool:

Hi Gav,

Did you see much of her onboard? She has been very disheartened in emails about the ship and hasn't a good word for it. There again, she often used to criticise QE2. Perhaps now she realises what she had now it's gone. She has been saying over Christmas she has to decide about QM2 but she'll go because it's all paid. She may find her too big, especially since she had trouble getting around QE2 at times. If she stays on land she might finish her book. Only one chapter to write. It will be an interesting read even though she does talk a lot of exaggerated rubbish at times. She was also used to her status of being 'the lady who lives on the QE2'. Now she WAS the lady who lived on the QE2 so not many people are giving her the attention she once had.

Hi Gav,

Did you see much of her onboard? She has been very disheartened in emails about the ship and hasn't a good word for it. There again, she often used to criticise QE2. Perhaps now she realises what she had now it's gone. She has been saying over Christmas she has to decide about QM2 but she'll go because it's all paid. She may find her too big, especially since she had trouble getting around QE2 at times. If she stays on land she might finish her book. Only one chapter to write. It will be an interesting read even though she does talk a lot of exaggerated rubbish at times. She was also used to her status of being 'the lady who lives on the QE2'. Now she WAS the lady who lived on the QE2 so not many people are giving her the attention she once had.

I did not see her as much as i did on QE2 ,but when i did see her it was mainly in the Lido, the Internet Centre and the Golden Lion when her Son Alan was taking part in the Karaoke, i saw him quite often around the Ship particuarly in the Queens Room in the evenings where he danced.

Gavin :cool:

rickyme, oh dear. Normal service from Bea then! I know a lot of crew on QE2 didn't care where she went. It was 'their problem'. There'll be a huge sigh of relief on QV now she's left while probably trepidation on QM2.

Gav, thanks. Allan always seems to enjoy the cruises, dumping her on whoever so he can go and have fun. Useful travelling for free.

David, I'd have thought she'd do that. It would make more sense. Perhaps she wanted to spend some time with Geoff as well as Allan. Once she has done QM2 she will decide where she's going. It was said at World Club parties she would be flying to Rome after Dubai to join QV but that wasn't right. She was originally planning to do that but it had be changed months before. Instead she flew home with Allan until joining in Southampton on the 11th December. It's just wait and see what will happen after April.

I think her story is interesting. If she is indeed rude to those on the ship, that is too bad. After learning more about her, I have questioned whether she would be able to adapt to a new much larger ship because of her vision and mobility problems. Change is difficult for many older folks. I would like to know the "end of the story" so will be interested to know if she returns to either the QV or the QM2. Thanks to those who keep us updated.

She can be really nasty to the crew and many can't stand her. I expect those on QM2 are breathing a huge sigh of relief. Many passengers find her rude and difficult too but I've had nothing but pleasantness from her. If I hear any more about her plans I'll post. I was a bit surprised to be honest because only in the morning she was packing for the trip to Fort Lauderdale and looking forward to getting away from this cold weather, as well as looking positively on QM2 after her bad experience on QV. I would be amazed if she ever decided to live on QV when she hated it so much.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to let you all know she isn't going anywhere. She intended to board QM2 in Los Angeles but is now staying in New Jersey. She does hope to go back to sea one day but since she needs 24 hour care and her sons don't really have the time, it's looking increasingly unlikely. We may have seen the last of Bea on the high seas unless her circumstances change.

Have never met Ms Muller, not certain she and I would like each other - possibly I am another "tetchy "old lady - what a lovely word "tetchy" , so much better than "dificult" .

Whatever she is or is not, I was sorry to read she has health issues that will end her cruising days. As an 83 yr "young at heart but old in body" lady I know how precious independence is. Recently I had a scare when it seemed that Iwould have to give up driving myself, fortunately an operation and new glasses have given me back that independence .

I have 3 cruises on QM2 booked for this year, and am already making my plans for packing.

Now I must goto the rollcall and see what is going on there.

As a Postscript, what did Ms Muller dislike re the QV, I would like to know if anyone can say.

I thought the ship itself very pleasant in appearance, easier to get around than the QM2 or even the QE2 ( I always went down the wrong staircase on that ship)

However I do think the service and food on the QV was poor (with exception of my cabin attendant who was excellent), and I can imagine that Ms Muller may have been as dissappointed as I was in that aspect .

As a Postscript, what did Ms Muller dislike re the QV, I would like to know if anyone can say.

That's what I was wondering. I met her in October on the final transatlantic crossing on QE 2. When she was wheeled into the waiting area at the pier to get on, she was cranky and rude to the fellow that wheeled her. She sat next to me and we chatted for a bit. She told me at that time that she was going to move to the QV. I was just wondering what happened that she didn't like about it.

As an 83 yr "young at heart but old in body" lady I know how precious independence is. .

I have 3 cruises on QM2 booked for this year, and am already making my plans for packing.

quote]

Way to go Jimsgirl, way to go lass.

Gari

Hi, we are just back from the QV . Its not a case of spotting her , its trying not to hear her being rude and complaining all the time to the staff!! For sure I dont think she enjoyed the QV!!

Ha, some things don't change. Sad to hear of anyone suffering ill health but I doubt any of the Cunard crew will lose any sleep as her rude and abusive attitude to what she called 'her family at sea' was apalling. Many of the passengers (though not all) suffered the same fate as I witnessed when being on the Captain's table with her.

Bea hated everything about QV, in particular the way the ship can't handle bad weather very well, which has also been noted by former QE2 crew currently aboard. She had higher hopes for QM2 although with her health, she may have found her too big. She had enough trouble getting around QE2. She didn't like the computers for sending emails through about 10 times or before she'd finished writing as well as the lack of onboard activities she was interested in which she'd had on QE2. She even called the ship 'A rickety piece of tin' and couldn't wait to get off. She has talked again of finishing her book. She has one chapter to go.

Thanks for the posting Southamptoncruiser.

I did notice that QV was less stable than QM2. I also thought the on board activities on the segment I did in Jan fell short considering it was part of a World cruise. (this was also the opinion of some of the world cruisers I met.) There seemed to be a lack of empathy between the staff and the passengers comared to QM2. a "coldness" on the part of the staff. Of course I did meet some very nice staff, but the overall feeling I got was that many of the staff would rather have been elswhere than on board QV.

Certainly some were downright unhelpful in fact.

• 2 weeks later...

No kidding, Jimsgirl. Sad really, especially if they'd been the opposite on QE2.

Anyway Bea news just in. She and Allan have booked QM2 Dubai to New York. I wish she'd make up her mind. She's making me dizzy! Nice trip though to see if she likes the ship. And if the QE2 is still there she'll probably get wistful. I know I would. :(

Archived