anyone stayed in "Owners Suite" ???

NYTammy

I have stayed in the owner's suite on Fantasy. You could tell it wasn't often used, but it was nice. I don't know how much it costs, because we were upgraded from a category 12. They had to do work on our balcony and I think this is all they had left on the ship.

Here's a link to my webshots album. I think the owner suite pics start aroung on page 6 so.

http://family.webshots.com/album/558766571fvsKPu

Yes, I've stayed in the "Owner's Suite" twice. Both times in cabins S-2; once on an Imagination 5-day and once on a Fascination 3-day. It really was a fantastic suite. It is certainly larger and much nicer than the standard category 12, but I sure do like the looks of the larger balconies in the Category SS on Sensation. I can't really speak for your situation (is it worth the extra money?), but I thoroughly enjoyed both of my experiences in the Owner's Suite, and hope to cruise in one again.

I've stayed in each of them on the Ecstasy many times. I prefer Suite 1 and have had it the most...6 times. Suite 2 is where I put my brother now, so we can use the connecting door between the closets to visit.

It suits our purposes when traveling with a group...gives us a meeting place and a place to stash the "over 80" crowd that travels with me to keep them out of mischief. :D (see other thread)

The oldsters like to hang out up there and look out over the Lido Deck while basking in the air conditioning. Papa likes to snooze on the balcony.

As for "is it worth it?"...only you can determine. I've reserved them both again in late October. I reviewed it somewhere on these boards a couple of years ago. It has it's pros and cons. (partial review here...http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=3198204&postcount=1)

I have some photos on SmugMug (http://stircrazy.smugmug.com/gallery/3384341_isJp2#P-1-20), as do Tom-n-Cheryl. The Ecstasy's are due to be refurbished during the October drydock, but I think some of the others have already been re-done.

Here is a link to some photos of the remodeled Inspiration Owner's Suite. I would assume that the Sensation will be similarly remodeled. Going to find out for sure 10/22/09. Though my guess is that we will take a quickie before that!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=654231

Additionally, there are pictures of a few Owner's Suites - including more of the updated Inspiration - in our SmugMug link below.

If you can spare the change, you owe it to yourself to try it out!!

ENJOY!!!

Tom

Here is a link to some photos of the remodeled Inspiration Owner's Suite. I would assume that the Sensation will be similarly remodeled. Going to find out for sure 10/22/09. Though my guess is that we will take a quickie before that!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=654231

Additionally, there are pictures of a few Owner's Suites - including more of the updated Inspiration - in our SmugMug link below.

If you can spare the change, you owe it to yourself to try it out!!

ENJOY!!!

Tom

Hi Tom, I know it depends on the length of the cruise but the $1700pp mentioned above is the first time I've ever seen a rate for the owner's suites (and obviously I've never asked for it on our two Fantasy class cruises). Is that figure in the ballpark?

Hi Tom, I know it depends on the length of the cruise but the $1700pp mentioned above is the first time I've ever seen a rate for the owner's suites (and obviously I've never asked for it on our two Fantasy class cruises). Is that figure in the ballpark?

Yes, that's fairly close. Ours have been a touch less than that, though it likely has a lot to do with WHEN you sail ... as they take the Cat 12 rate and add a few hundred to that.

Tom

Yes, that's fairly close. Ours have been a touch less than that, though it likely has a lot to do with WHEN you sail ... as they take the Cat 12 rate and add a few hundred to that.

Tom

Hi there!

:)I was told we could not book the owner's suite...How do u book them???:eek:

Thanks

My long time Travel Agent books it for me, but I think Tom calls his in directly.

Have fun!!

YEP --- call the 1-800 Carnival # and ask for "Reservations Administration".

Once there, you will want to "inquire regarding the rate and availability of the Owner's Suite on the ------". You may come across someone who is willing to help, or someone who is "unable" to. If it's the latter, just call back later in the day and hope you get someone else on the line!

Once reserved, your booking will show CAT 12, Cabin "TBA". They will also FAX you a copy of a form which you will need to have notarized and return to them. Basically saying that "the room is not normally available to the public" and is basically booked for you "as is". Meaning if there are any problems, then legally you have less recourse... the only problem I have ever noted was the sounds in the early morning from the jogging track DIRECTLY above and the shuffling of the lounge chairs. Aside from that, the only "complaint" I have ever read regarding them - but have not ourselves experienced - was that the room was difficult to cool on hot sunny days.

Tom

Aside from that, the only "complaint" I have ever read regarding them - but have not ourselves experienced - was that the room was difficult to cool on hot sunny days.

Tom

Yeah, we ran into this on the Imagination. We were heading East (West to the aft) most of the afternoon en route to Grand Cayman (Jamaica was cancelled), so we had the afternoon August sun warming things up. Easy fix though -- we just had to close all the blinds, shut the balcony door, and crank up the A/C. Just had to do without the view of the ocean and pool for the afternoon. Enjoyed it on the balcony instead.

YEP --- call the 1-800 Carnival # and ask for "Reservations Administration".

Once there, you will want to "inquire regarding the rate and availability of the Owner's Suite on the ------". You may come across someone who is willing to help, or someone who is "unable" to. If it's the latter, just call back later in the day and hope you get someone else on the line!

Once reserved, your booking will show CAT 12, Cabin "TBA". They will also FAX you a copy of a form which you will need to have notarized and return to them. Basically saying that "the room is not normally available to the public" and is basically booked for you "as is". Meaning if there are any problems, then legally you have less recourse... the only problem I have ever noted was the sounds in the early morning from the jogging track DIRECTLY above and the shuffling of the lounge chairs. Aside from that, the only "complaint" I have ever read regarding them - but have not ourselves experienced - was that the room was difficult to cool on hot sunny days.

Tom

Interesting about the Cat 12 and TBA, I am sailing on Ecstacy for my b-day in May with a small group, 10 cabins. And we booked 2 Cat 12 suites (one for me and some friends and one for Mom and some relatives) All the rest are cat 8 or 6. But my cabin on carnival's website is TBA, even though we selected specific suites for the connecting Cat 8s. Hmmmm.

But DH and I just got off the Ecstacy and had the pleasure to see one of the owner's suits onboard. We ran into a sort of family friend that won this suite in a charity raffle, we saw him standing on his balcony just before sailaway from Coz and he invited us up. Damn, his closet was bigger than our cabin :-)

WOW.

I've never had more than 2 people sleep in there.

Where would you put the other 3, Tom?!?

Horrors....5 people, one bathroom. No thanks!

If I had 5, I'd book two cabins and probably still save some money!...and no joggers! :D

Has anyone ever stayed in the "owners suite" on Carnival Sensation, or any other ship on carnival? I never knew the owners suite existed until today!! its mighty expensive at $1,700 per person. Is it really woth it??

The Sensation no longer has a owner suite

The Sensation no longer has a owner suite

That's interesting, as I have it booked for October... :eek:

Unless you have contacts in Freeport (dry dock location) that say it's GONE, I suspect it has actually just been renovated.

Tom

That's interesting, as I have it booked for October... :eek:

Unless you have contacts in Freeport (dry dock location) that say it's GONE, I suspect it has actually just been renovated.

Tom

Hi Tom

I may be wrong but I tried to book for April 08 cruise and was told I could not, when I was on the ship I walked up by the suite and it looked like it was being used as a kids play area.

Maybe I was looking at the wrong room, but I would have loved to have tried it.

All of the owner's suites mentioned seem to be on Fantasy class ships.

Are there Owner's suites on spirit/conquest class ships?

No, and not on all of the Fantasy Class ships either. Some were converted to Camp Carnival a while back.

Hi Tom

I may be wrong but I tried to book for April 08 cruise and was told I could not, when I was on the ship I walked up by the suite and it looked like it was being used as a kids play area.

Maybe I was looking at the wrong room, but I would have loved to have tried it.

Ahhh.. you must have been on Verandah deck, and that was Camp Carnival. That is one deck below Sports deck... where S1 and S2 are:

106537762_qZ4qC-L.jpg

Tom

Interesting what folks are saying about the owners suite(s). From what our PVP has explained to us, the Owners Suite (if one exists on a given vessel) is "not for sale/not available to the public". I got the impression from our PVP that they (PVP's) were not allowed to offer this room/suite to anyone.....could this possibly be a "special perk" that some people might be entitled to, given their status with the company, or someone within the company?

Archived