Some pics of my Veendam Alaska cruise.

Tinknock50

[url="http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=29509579406&page=1&sort_order=0"][color=#606420]OfotoBrowse Photos[/color][/url]

These are mostly of John Hopkins Glacier. This marked the first time of my many trips to Glacier Bay that I have ever gotten close enoughto see this glacier calve. Awesome!

Sean - One of my tablemates(now I call her friend) from my Maasdam, June, NE/Canada cruise called me earlier this week and she and her daughter have booked the Veendam for next summer, to Alaska, July 3 sailing!! When I spoke to her after my trip, I just went on and on, you know :).
I just LOVE Alaska and can not wait to go back SOMEDAY. Lucky you, you're going back next year ;).

Marie

[quote name='ExaltHim']Sean - One of my tablemates(now I call her friend) from my Maasdam, June, NE/Canada cruise called me earlier this week and she and her daughter have booked the Veendam for next summer, to Alaska, July 3 sailing!! When I spoke to her after my trip, I just went on and on, you know :).
I just LOVE Alaska and can not wait to go back SOMEDAY. Lucky you, you're going back next year ;).

Marie[/QUOTE]
For sure, Alaska keeps calling me back.
Just finished "Klondike...The Last Great Gold Rush" and now I want to check out a little section of the Chilkoot trail next time I am in Skagway. Of course, it will just be a little walk, certainly nothing like these people endured in 1898!

[quote name='ExaltHim']you don't even notice the cold :).

Ziggy, I just noticed you are in California. I lived in Sacramento for 30 years. We left there in 1993. We still have family and friends there.
Are you anywhere close to Sacto?

Marie[/QUOTE]We are in Orange County by Disneyland :) A few hours away :)

loved those glacier photo's...we didn't get to see any calving but loved it all the same...August 8 2004 Amsterdam
just found out my sister in law is taking her two kids, their spouses and 4 (under 8 years) grandkids(all boys) on the June 19th 2005 Amsterdam cruise. They ought to have a ball (ps..fyi kids are all cute, smart and reasonably well behaved) ;)

[quote name='anniecat']loved those glacier photo's...we didn't get to see any calving but loved it all the same...August 8 2004 Amsterdam
just found out my sister in law is taking her two kids, their spouses and 4 (under 8 years) grandkids(all boys) on the June 19th 2005 Amsterdam cruise. They ought to have a ball (ps..fyi kids are all cute, smart and reasonably well behaved) ;)[/QUOTE]
Thanks Annie.

They should have a great time!

Archived