About Me

• Interests
    cooking, fishing, cruising
  • Favorite Cruise Line(s)
    Royal Caribbean, Holland American
  • Favorite Cruise Destination Or Port of Call
    Caribbean, Alaska

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

orville99's Achievements

10,000+ Club

10,000+ Club (10/20)

• "Live from...." Rare

Recent Badges

1. Welcome to an RCL sale - offer changes, but price remains the same.πŸ˜‡
  2. We always wait an hour or so after the Windjammer opens to go in for lunch. By 1:00, the mad rush has dissipated and staff has refreshed most of the food stations.
  3. They are offering a 3-night package on our July 6-night on Adventure at 30% off list:
  4. I would be happy if they just figured out how to chew with their mouths closed😱
  5. That's the best thing about opinions - we each are entitled to our own, but not obligated to agree with anyone else's.πŸ˜‡
  6. The last time we sailed on Princess was in the late 1980's, and I can barely remember the bartenders nameπŸ˜‰πŸ·πŸΉ let alone which deck we usually passed out onπŸ‘΄πŸ˜‡
  7. IMHO, one of the reasons why they downgraded the quality of the food in the MDR was to lower expectations enough so they could diminish the quality of the meals in CK - which have gone down substantially since the restart, and even more since the new and "improved" MDR menus were introduced in 2023. πŸ˜ͺ
  8. Not sure what a Lido deck would be called on an RCL ship, but lunch options on Radiance class ships are very limited on boarding day. The Windjammer may be your only option.
  9. I tend not to overreact to rumors, especially those that involve RCL. We will be on Adventure for a B3B in two weeks, and I thoroughly expect nothing to have changed with their suites program.
  10. In our experience (and we do 8-10 cruises a year in RCL Grand Suites on both Royal Suite and non-Royal Suite classes, and order room service from the MDR on ~50% of our days on board), our answers would be: 1) No 2) Yes 3) No, and 4) Yes
  11. We did a B2B on Adventure in April in a GS, and ordered room service from the MDR at least 7 times over the course of the cruise. There were no room service charges added to our invoices. We have also ordered from the MDR on Oasis class ships when staying in a GS with zero room service charges. We have, however, occasionally encountered a clueless room service order taker who didn't know that a GS is in fact a full suite, and resisted letting us order from the MDR menu until he "cleared" it with his boss.πŸ™„πŸ₯΄
  12. We are on that cruise as well, and have not received any communication regarding any changes. BTW, we did this identical cruise on Adventure in April, and based on the route we took on that sailing, porting in Curacau on the 10th would be a logistical nightmare for the ship. The first two days were at sea, then Curacau, Aruba, and two more days at sea to get us back to Coco Cay on time. The only way to port in Curacau on the 10th. would be to flip the entire itinerary around and do Coco Cay first.
  13. You can't even see much of the ocean from the suite sun deck on Wonder unless you hang over the side of the ship, so catching a peek of it from a BW balcony would require being quite the contortionist. πŸ˜‡
  14. Other than the YC, we found MSC a bit disappointing - both in their limited variety of itineraries, and the overall vibe of the ship. YMMV
Γ—
Γ—