Best option to visit both Orient & Maho Beach

moonltnite

We just returned from St. Marteen and used JoJunie. Google and find them. We paid $35 pp and had a private van. The only drawback for me for this tour was going back to Maho Beach after 6 years......last time we were there.....nobody was on the beach....now.....there are literally thousands of people there. So...if you don't like crowds......just a fair warning. Other than that we loved JoJunietours. Would highly recommend.

I have not used Jaital, but it looks like it is a company, vs. an individual offering tours.

I have experience with Bernard and Joyce Hanley-Prince. Both are wonderful.

Bernard is great if you have just a few people, and Joyce does only personal tours, which can be expensive unless you have 6 to 8 people ore more as a group.

I would encourage you to visit both of their websites.

Bernard quotes prices, but Joyce does not, as she wants to correspond with you about your needs.

Bernard has moved more mass-market, and is now running a small 'fleet' of vehicles to satisfy cruisers, but he still gets some good reviews.

Joyce is just Joyce, unless she is not available and offers you a substitute driver, with your approval.

gary

We found Dexter Tours during our Dec 2016 cruise after being stood up by Blue Safaris boat tour.

Dexter took us to 4 beaches (included Maho & Orient) and a very nice driving tour of Sint Maarten and St Martin in a very comfortable passenger van. His pricing was VERY reasonable for our group of 4.

His contact info is:

Dexter Tours

dextertours.com

dexterhousen at gmail . com

We did the Shore Excursioneer Beach Bum tour (Maho and Orient) just last week. It was great. The driver gave an excellent narration while driving.

We drove out to Orient Beach and were given free drinks in the van (including beers and rum punch). At Orient Beach, we could rent a chair and umbrella for $5 (instead of the usual $10). Beers at the bar were around $4 each. There was a very clean bathroom to use as well. We stayed there about an hour and a half.

We again had free drinks in the van on the way to Maho. We got there around 1:15ish and our van was scheduled to leave at 2:30 but we wanted to see the Air France flight, which was delayed. Our driver was willing to wait around, but the rest of our group wanted to return to the ship. We opted to stay and paid $8/person for a taxi back to the ship after Air France landed.

We are going back to St. Maarten in June with our kids and my parents and I would definitely book this tour again. The worst thing about the tour was finding them at the port. You have to walk past all the ship tour groups, all the shops, past the taxi and bus lines, and go almost to the main road to find the guys in the dark purple shirts. They were under a pop up canopy almost at the main road.

Is the Shore Excursioneer the same as Amigo Tours? We've booked Amigo in March - their Orient/Maho combo.

• 2 weeks later...
We did the Shore Excursioneer Beach Bum tour (Maho and Orient) just last week. It was great. The driver gave an excellent narration while driving.

We drove out to Orient Beach and were given free drinks in the van (including beers and rum punch). At Orient Beach, we could rent a chair and umbrella for $5 (instead of the usual $10). Beers at the bar were around $4 each. There was a very clean bathroom to use as well. We stayed there about an hour and a half.

We again had free drinks in the van on the way to Maho. We got there around 1:15ish and our van was scheduled to leave at 2:30 but we wanted to see the Air France flight, which was delayed. Our driver was willing to wait around, but the rest of our group wanted to return to the ship. We opted to stay and paid $8/person for a taxi back to the ship after Air France landed.

We are going back to St. Maarten in June with our kids and my parents and I would definitely book this tour again. The worst thing about the tour was finding them at the port. You have to walk past all the ship tour groups, all the shops, past the taxi and bus lines, and go almost to the main road to find the guys in the dark purple shirts. They were under a pop up canopy almost at the main road.

What hours were you in port? We are only in 8-3 so getting back might be an issue if the tour doesn't start until 9 for us. There is 1 other ship inport that day but I haven't looked up their hours in port.