New Princess Beds

Eagle_and_hawk

We have not had a bed thread in a few weeks :D

Just off the Caribbean Princess and stayed in the F305-window suite. There are past discussions to where some of the rooms may already have the new beds, prior to her drydock next month. We did see them loading new mattresses as we were getting onboard. Since I wanted to see myself, I checked out what was under the covers.

Here is the interesting thing; last year, we sailed the Coral on the second run after drydock, and stayed in D631-Vista Suite. It had a new mattress and assumed this was one of those everyone was discussing.

25070445905_2b6990a837_z.jpgZ38 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

The tag showed it was made in January 2016, which was the month of the drydock.

25044104276_3e3e2d1d2e_z.jpgZ40 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

So last week, I looked at the one in F305 and found a completely different mattress from the Coral:

32305207124_042ee7cb8a_z.jpgM2 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

33109273656_b34f215437_z.jpgM1 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

This is a new mattress too as just made this past December:

33109273556_6fabc6e074_z.jpgM3 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

We found both to be comfortable, of course both were only a couple of months old when we slept on them.

Since the mattress on the Caribbean Princess says "luxury bed", I am starting to think the one we had on the coral, may have just been a replacement of the originals. There was no topper with the mattress on the CB either, so not sure if that is still an option if needed.

Just passing along pictures of what I seen.

Just my opinion, but I think you are right. The mattress on the Coral was probably a replacement of the original. It's nicer than the standard room mattress because it's in a suite.

The mattress on the Caribbean Princess appears to be the new luxury mattress that is being rolled out fleet wide.

Fingers crossed. I'm on the caribbean princess march 11th through the 19th. They are supposed to be swapping bed officially as soon as we got off the ship. Pretty doubtful my room will have it though. I'm in a inside stateroom. Who knows, maybe they are just trying to get as much done as they can before being dry docked and/or wanting their storage area cleared of beds. Good news is we are on this ship again the same time next year when she goes to Panama and I will get to try the beds then.

I just compared your picture of the mattress with the "Luxury Bed" label with my picture of our mattress on the Coral last May. It looks to me like the exact same mattress with only the label being changed. I guess Princess thinks that if someone happens to look the "Luxury Bed" label is more impressive than a label that simply says "Princess Cruises".

• 3 months later...
Just off Coral Princess 6/17-6/24 2017. The bed in our balcony was horrible. A soft depressed hammock! I did not take pictures, just endured it.

What cabin? (never mind I see you posted B236 in another thread)

Hmmm...........this does not sound good, don't think it could be a new bed then, according to Princess the Coral should already have them.

Some insist that they are ALL replaced.

However I always say it's an ongoing battle in the fleet.

Here is what the Princess website says....

*The Princess Luxury Bed is now available on board Ruby Princess, Emerald Princess, Coral Princess, Sun Princess, Grand Princess, Caribbean Princess, Majestic Princess and Pacific Princess and will debut on board Golden Princess (Oct 2017), Sea Princess (Nov 2017), Star Princess & Island Princess (Dec 2017), Sapphire Princess (Mar 2018), Crown Princess (Apr 2018) and Diamond Princess (Aug 2018), followed by Royal Princess & Regal Princess in 2019. Please note this schedule is subject to change.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I guess Princess thinks that if someone happens to look the "Luxury Bed" label is more impressive than a label that simply says "Princess Cruises".

I wonder if this is the medallion bedding update -- a new label?

Nah. Couldn't be.