Reflection or Silhouette Sky Suite?

BoofromCO

Just back from Western Caribbean sailing on the Equinox. Looking at other Caribbean ports for a future cruise. Options seem to be between two ships mentioned to give a try of another ship. I would like any feedback about best sky suite location. Just started looking so I don't know if they have some forward, mid, and aft and what would be the best deck location. I have only sailed 4 times in over 10 years so very new to trying to understand ship layouts! Any specific suite numbers would help if you really enjoyed.

Our favorite are the corner aft S1 cabins (the numbers may be different from ship to ship - not sure for those two). They have huge balconies and you can see to the side, as well as aft. The best are on decks 9, 8, 7.

Beware the sky suites under the buffet - many complain about the noise from above.

You can enter specific cabin numbers to search in the thread at the beginning of the board - S Class Cabin Information.

I agree with sippican. We also always pick those S1 aft suites. Be aware though that it is a long walk from the elevators and the balcony may get a little sooty. The room configuration is more like a square hotel room than a narrow cabin. And you get a porthole. Who doesn’t love a porthole? Be aware that on one aft deck level, I can’t remember which, there is window washing equipment that might be considered an obstructed view. It doesn’t really bother us and have found it to be little less expensive for those cabins. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On Reflection I highly recommend the Sky suites on "the Hump" on Deck 12. Their position makes getting around the ship very convenient as they are just off the main elevators and a deck below the pools and Oceanview Cafe. There is a wall separating the hallway from the main atrium and most of the area above on Deck 14 is walkways so noise issues are quite minimal.

On Reflection I highly recommend the Sky suites on "the Hump" on Deck 12. Their position makes getting around the ship very convenient as they are just off the main elevators and a deck below the pools and Oceanview Cafe. There is a wall separating the hallway from the main atrium and most of the area above on Deck 14 is walkways so noise issues are quite minimal.

All so as Reflection had AquaClass Suites that are now S1. So if you like the shower wall in AquaClass then you will like the S1 suites near the elevators. There are old Reflection lay outs online to show which suites were Aqua Suites.

For me nothing much beats the S1 afts. But was recently on Reflection in #2108-- S1 with slanted, thus deeper, balcony. Cons: The over hang meant no easy stargazing at night; very windy. Pros: Next to elevators/stairs; right next door to gym and spa. Generally very quiet--only exception was the night that "silent disco" is held upstairs. Its proximity to the spa makes this a great choice for any 3somes looking for a sky suite--very easy to get to alternative shower and toilet!