beach questions

sungoddezz

We will be in San Juan from 2-8 pm in Jan, with the Explorer of the seas. Can anyone tell me what beach they would recommend for a group travelling with teens? Also how long does it take to get to Isla Verde from where we dock?

Thank you

I would highly recommend Escambrón, as it is the closest to Old San Juan and the cruise piers, and is a beautiful beach with many services, including life guards and clean restrooms. My wife inspected and gave them an A grade!

It does get crowded (with locals) on the weekends!

It's very close to the Carib Hilton and their services, and some local restaurants and groceries. You can get there from Old San Juan on the city bus for $.25 and a short walk

Isla Verde is 10 or 15 minutes away, depending on traffic. Bus or taxi. It's past the beach.

I was at Escambron last year. Great beach. Clean and

the waters are calm. They have picnic tables under the

coconut trees which is a plus. Weekends tend to be

very crowded. I was there during the week and it was

empty. Nice views also. Its' actually off a main road

going to Old San Juan so it can be easily done by

bus.

Iam going to PR this August so Escambron will definately

be a stop.

Frank

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your help. Escambron it is then. One more question....does anyone know if you can use the facilities/beach at Carib Hilton? We will only be in port from 2-8pm so maybe the have a day pass?

Sungoddezz

• 3 months later...

23_145_7.gif

Hi, sungoddezz..

Hope you're still getting replies to this thread.. just wondered if you have gotten any more info on Escambron Beach.. we plan to be in San Juan in Feb, and this looks as tho it would be a good place to spend a few hours!

If you have any additional stuff, maybe you could refer it to us

Thanks

• 6 months later...

We have stayed at the Caribe Hilton a couple of times and I don't think you can use the facilities there. When walking out to the pool area from the lobby, you must give your room #. It may be worth a call to see if you can use them for a small fee though.

Thanks for this!! I wasnt aware that there was a beach so close to the piers in old SJ. Has anyone ever taken a taxi?? if so,,how much did it cost.

Is the bus near by?

Ill be there in 3 weeks!!

my port time is from 3-11pm. I know the sun goes down earlier then in the states. short but nice nevertheless.

Has anyone taken a taxi from the piers in old SJ to Escambron beach? How much? and are they right there at the pier. Are there taxis available from the beach, or would it be wise to go to one of the hotels to get a taxi.. Im totally not familiar with PR

All answeres appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived