Opinions on Golden Princess larger inside rooms

sea_witch

Hi everybody! I am new to this forum, but have been hooked on cruising since my first cruise 3 years ago. I have had a balcony on the Disney ship, and two ocean views on the Ruby Princess and Coral Princess. I am perfectly happy with the ocean view room, but have realized that myself and my husband spend very little time in the room. We love to be out and about! For this reason I am considering an interior room for our next cruise (Alaska 2014). I noticed 4 larger interior rooms on Deck 12 Aloha (A514, A515, A507 and A508). I called Princess and they said these rooms were 182 square feet as apposed to 160 square feet.

My in laws have cruised alot and don't think an inside room is a good idea. But I think it is an individual choice. They are older and spend alot of time in their room. With so may decks, and great viewing areas I feel that we wouldn't be missing out.

Has anybody ever stayed in one of these larger interior rooms on the Golden princess? Any advice would be greatly appreciated:o

Thanks for the quick reply and the welcome! The pictures were very helpful. That particular layout definitely looks to be larger. I am going to consider one of these rooms for the next cruise!

Hi and welcome to CC!

They call them sideways inside cabins....

I did a little search and found this thread with photos, hope this helps.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1728255

Here is another site...

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/

I stayed in one on the Sapphire for two weeks last fall and really enjoyed it. It was my first time in an inside as well.

My biggest concern was possible hallway noise, as the bed is closer to the door than it is in standard rooms, but I had no problems. I'd book it again in a heartbeat.

It took me a long time to work up the nerve to book an inside, but I'm glad I finally did. It's kinda liberating to know I can be happy in an inexpensive room! :D

I stayed in one on the Sapphire for two weeks last fall and really enjoyed it. It was my first time in an inside as well.

My biggest concern was possible hallway noise, as the bed is closer to the door than it is in standard rooms, but I had no problems. I'd book it again in a heartbeat.

It took me a long time to work up the nerve to book an inside, but I'm glad I finally did. It's kinda liberating to know I can be happy in an inexpensive room! :D

And not a alot of privacy when that door is open. :eek:

On our 17 day cruise we had a regular inside room. That room was great. An inside is like a retreat where you can grab a nap in the afternoon, watch TV if you like and just relax. Of course, we really didn't spend all that much time in the room. But when we were there, if was fine.

As for the larger insides, they are obviously roomier -but the only issue I would have is the position of the door.

We haven't been in any of those larger insides, but on our last cruise, we were in A732, a regular inside, on the Golden. It seemed like a nice quiet floor, but pretty convenient to getting to the Horizon Court or to the pool area, so my family really liked our location. We were midships in an OV on the Emerald deck on the Golden on the previous cruise, and I can see that these cabins are pretty much midships, and convenient for getting to the elevators and to the staircases.

Thanks everybody! I know it's a year away, but every time I return from a cruise I get the itch to book again right away (just got back from Panama Canal last week!) I love having a cruise to look forward to. The planning and research is part of the fun;)

Tanya

Thanks everybody! I know it's a year away, but every time I return from a cruise I get the itch to book again right away (just got back from Panama Canal last week!) I love having a cruise to look forward to. The planning and research is part of the fun;)

Tanya

A year away is not to far in the future to book a cabin. I have to book my cruise 12-18 months in the future.

Just my two cents worth:

-The extra room in the sideways cabin is mostly in the desk along the side of the bed and a wider dressing area. I liked the bigger desk, the bigger dressing area was not noticeably helpful to us.

-No privacy issues and minimal extra noise from the door in the middle of the room.

-Did not like the noise from the pool just above. Constant equipment thunking and banging which made for difficulty sleeping for me.

Upshot: Liked the size, hated the noise, will not book one again because I really need a quiet cabin.

Just my two cents worth:

-The extra room in the sideways cabin is mostly in the desk along the side of the bed and a wider dressing area. I liked the bigger desk, the bigger dressing area was not noticeably helpful to us.

-No privacy issues and minimal extra noise from the door in the middle of the room.

-Did not like the noise from the pool just above. Constant equipment thunking and banging which made for difficulty sleeping for me.

Upshot: Liked the size, hated the noise, will not book one again because I really need a quiet cabin.

we booked this for brit isles in june - liked the dresser on side which i use for my makeup & stuff - my husband won't have to squeeze bet me & end of bed as in other inside ones we had

so do you think ear plugs would help ??

Just my two cents worth:

We had the equivalent of cabin A515 on a different ship and did not hear a sound from the pool above.

• 1 month later...
Just my two cents worth:

We just booked A507 on the Golden & was wondering about the noise from the pool area mentioned above. How early did it start? Does anyone know what is beside that cabin - looks like crew or equipment area? Wonder if there is noise from that? Thx for any input.

Berni

• 3 years later...

If I get a chance I always book the sideways cabins. We then mark "no upgrade" because if we can book the room, we don't want to lose it We like the layout, the extra space and never have been bothered by the noise. We usually book a 14 day cruise and really like the extra space. We have stayed in two of the rooms you mentioned. We don't spend a lot of time in the cabin..

We also have had an A515 cabin (do not remember which ship) and loved it.

No noise from the pool.

A more efficient layout.

The closets had doors.

Location of the door to the hallway was not a problem, but it did mean when you opened the door people could see directly the bed area.