So You want a Larger Cabin?

kelmac

My wife and I just spent 21 days on the Infinity. Since it was a BtoB, and we had two different cabins, I wanted to put out a bit of info concerning our stay in Cabin 7003, which is a front facing outside cabin.

If space is what you want, this is the cabin for you. I did a rough measurement of the cabin, and it is more than 300 sq feet (my guess is 345 sq ft). Our second part of the cruise was in Aqua Class, cabin 1107, and it was a great cabin, but felt very small compared to 7003.

The cabin door is at the end of the hall, shared by only one other cabin. As you enter the cabin there is a entry way which provides loads of room when opening the closet doors. The bathroom is to the right as you enter (pretty standard size). You turn to the left in the entry way to the main part of the cabin; large couch, table, and two chairs; the bed; and at the far wall (port side cabin wall) is the desk/mirrored dressing area. The front wall is curved, but provides several feet of room between the end of the bed and the wall. Of course there is a large 4' port hole like window, facing out to the front of the ship. In the photo's below, viewing the front of the ship, it is the single port hole, below the three above.

Below are some photos, but I don't have a wide-angled lens so the views are so so. (Click on photos to enlarge)

The only down side is the distance to the main area of the ship (we like the walk, so not a negative to us), and there was some noise as the ship docks or anchors.

Cabin 7002 is a mirror image, and I guess the same is true for the other Millennium class ships? (size that is)

Any questions, let me know.

Kel:)

IMG_3976.jpg.f9476c2648f4d737fb9c12518873672e.jpg

IMG_3977.jpg.01803ae36d7fa3c3dbaa0f9d2b49786d.jpg

IMG_3978.jpg.804de5d2e5e69e80022754a363834870.jpg

IMG_4027.jpg.6532a4ec3e485312648c17f7ef3a2df6.jpg

IMG_4030.jpg.31c5daa5431512c97f4eec401988534d.jpg

IMG_4108.jpg.4b57a28b11a5a93d6ca7cf042fcc4331.jpg

Hi Kelly, I had this cabin back in 2010 on SUMMIT:D...yes, the window

cabins that are all the way forward are very large:)

Glad you had good cruises....but then again, after all these years,

I know you always do:). Give Lauren my best too!

Great info, thanks, two question though. Did you ever sit in those chairs opposite the couch? They look really small. I will have to keep this cabin in mind.

Secondly would this cabin sleep 5?

Thanks Norma

Great info, thanks, two question though. Did you ever sit in those chairs opposite the couch? They look really small. I will have to keep this cabin in mind.

Secondly would this cabin sleep 5?

Thanks Norma

Hi Norma,

Yes, I did sit in one of those chairs -- they are a bit small, but not that bad. The couch pulls out to sleep one, maybe two kids. Not enough beds for five.

Enjoy!

Hi Kelly, I had this cabin back in 2010 on SUMMIT:D...yes, the window

cabins that are all the way forward are very large:)

Glad you had good cruises....but then again, after all these years,

I know you always do:). Give Lauren my best too!

Hi Lois,

We did have a great time! Not sure how big 7000 and 7001 were? We did the main dining room the first 11 nights and Blu the next 10 -- loved that combo.

The hard part was going from Celebrity to Cunard for the TA back to New York.

Don't get me wrong, the Queen Mary 2 is a wonderful ship, but the beds are so so and the shower head is a joke. Cunard must have the worst lido at sea -- good thing the main dining room is open for every meal. All Celebrity's alternative restaurants are better than Todd English.

Dollar for dollar, I will take Celebrity any day. For the history alone, the QM2 was great for our first TransAtlantic.

See you onboard someday soon!

Kel

Great info and pictures! Any major movement problems in those forward cabins?

You know I used to think there was more movement up front, but not really that much. We've always felt more movement in aft cabins compared to those up front.

I'm sure it's a ship by ship situation.

Archived