Parking San Francisco Cruise

sk8terchick

Hi

Need info for parking for the day in SF.

Our kids will be doing the BVE for our cruise on May 11th as they are our ride into the city. After they want to hang out in SF for the day.

I was hoping to reserve a parking spot for them in advance.

Is it ok to use services like Spot hero, Park Wiz...etc? I was hoping to reserve at 55 garage. Their direct website does not let you book for the day.

Thank you [emoji2]

• 2 months later...
Hi

Need info for parking for the day in SF.

Our kids will be doing the BVE for our cruise on May 11th as they are our ride into the city. After they want to hang out in SF for the day.

I was hoping to reserve a parking spot for them in advance.

Is it ok to use services like Spot hero, Park Wiz...etc? I was hoping to reserve at 55 garage. Their direct website does not let you book for the day.

Thank you [emoji2]

Do you have any updates on this? I am doing the same thing for a cruise in August and am wondering where our BVE guest should park.

There is free street parking in the area of the cruise terminal on Sundays only, so if your BVE is that day it makes it very cheap to park. Any other day your best bet is one of the lots near the cruise terminal that has daily rates.

There is free street parking in the area of the cruise terminal on Sundays only, so if your BVE is that day it makes it very cheap to park. Any other day your best bet is one of the lots near the cruise terminal that has daily rates.

Cautionary note: Parking meters owned by the Port of San Francisco are 7 days a week. Parking meters for the City are Mon-Sat.

How to tell the difference? You can't :mad:; unless you carefully read the meter itself. Parking on one side of the street can be Port property and the other side the City's. Fortunately this madness is only for the first couple of blocks from the Embarcadero (waterfront).

Edited by Philob

I live in the area so know parking is outrageously priced....it's why we don't park there and just take BART. Unfortunately, our cruise is not on a Sunday so will just pick one of the lots nearby. I am thinking of looking for a place on Spot Hero or Parking Whiz ... has anybody been successful with this?