PEAT TAYLOR- Reputable?

B40 Tha Cruisa

We used him a couple of years ago and plan to use him later in the year. He was great and couldn't be faulted. We want to do something a little different this time and are just waiting for him to contact us - you can't go wrong with him.

I did a tour with peat several years ago. It was the highlight of my cruise:) Another bonus is if you tell cab drivers etc that you are with peat, they leave you alone. he is well known In Ocho Rios. He dropped us in town after the tour and then picked us up and took us back to the ship.

barb

Hate to be the BAD guy here but.... there was one thing I didn't like about Pete.

First the good things. He was on schedule, very friendly and lively. We thoroughly enjoyed the White River tubing excursion and would recommend him HOWEVER... just be prepared for the HARD sell if it's a slow day for him.

We (9x in our party) only booked the White River tubing excursion with him. We have been to Ocho Rios many times and like to do something different each time. He kept pushing his other excursions on us.

In his original e-mail reply to, he said our tour would be 4+ hours??? I re-emailed him verifying we only wanted the tubing trip = 1-1/2 hrs. He confirmed my reply stating the 1-1/2 hr excursion. When we met him at the pier I had my e-mail in hand and reminded him we are ONLY doing the tubing and he said that was fine. I just wanted to double check and didn't want there to be any misunderstandings once our excursion began.

The hard sell started shortly after entering his bus. I kept telling him no, we've already done those excursions and just want to do the tubing trip this time. He was extremely pushy and did not give up. I think it was a slow day for him since there was only 1x other ship in port and his buses were not full.

I realize it IS his livelyhood BUT I do NOT appreciate the constant hard selling. I wanted to relax and enjoy the scenery but felt I was being border-line harrassed. I finally told him in no uncertain terms to take us back to the pier. He didn't seem too happy but did.

Again, I would recommend him but be prepared to say NO many times if it's not a busy day for him.

We used Peat last November and LOVED him and his son. Very very friendly and really went out of his way to take care of all the peple on his tour. For instance, some people wanted to go back to the ship after the falls--no problem mon-- we wanted him to take us to some place for lunch that was not for tourists but a local hang out--again no problem mon-- he was always back to pick us up when he said he would and we really crammed all the events we needed to into our day. At the white river rafting, I was asked if I wanted to buy pot and Peat really came to our defense and told the men selling it to leave his people alone or else! Glendon mentioned that Peat was really pushing the upsales but we never experienced that at all. He was kind of a gentle giant in my opinion. Very funny though and a great singer and pot hole dodger!

We would use him again in the future and wish he were in MoBay in October when we are there!

Good luck. You will not be unhappy.

~pugmommy

Archived