Carnival cut Tortola. Can I cansel early saver?

geovet

If you're booking is directly affecting by this change in itinerary they will allow you to cancel without penalty.

Your OBC will also follow you to another cruise. But you need to act now and call them.

It would be even better if you have another cruise in mind, so they can transfer your booking + OBC on the spot.

If you're booking is directly affecting by this change in itinerary they will allow you to cancel without penalty.

Your OBC will also follow you to another cruise. But you need to act now and call them.

It would be even better if you have another cruise in mind, so they can transfer your booking + OBC on the spot.

You only have a certain time period to cancel without penalty with early saver.

I'm surprised that they would let anyone cancel since ports are never guaranteed and it's only 1 of the 4 ports.

The only time we had the option to change was when they changed the entire itinerary from a western to an eastern sailing.

I'm surprised that they would let anyone cancel since ports are never guaranteed and it's only 1 of the 4 ports.

The only time we had the option to change was when they changed the entire itinerary from a western to an eastern sailing.

Any itinerary change should prompt a window to change to refund without penalty.

Tortola was the reason for the booking. Will they allow me to cancel my early saver booking. Also, I booked on the last cruise for OBC. Will they give that OBC to a later cruise?

Act fast. You only have 24 hours to change.

"If the itinerary change is for reasons within Carnival’s exclusive control, guests will have the opportunity to cancel their booking without penalty prior to sailing and within 24 hours of the guest notification, and in such an instance, guests will have the option to receive either a cash refund or a future cruise credit. In the event a guest does not cancel the cruise on a timely basis, no refund of any kind will be available."

http://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice/port-cancellation-policy.aspx

"If the itinerary change is for reasons within Carnival’s exclusive control"

If the port became unavailable for some reason, that's not within Carnival's exclusive control and no refund.

"Due to the nature of a cruise vacation, itinerary changes sometimes become necessary for safety, weather or other reasons beyond the control of Carnival. If the itinerary change is for reasons beyond Carnival’s exclusive control, including but not limited to safety, security, weather, strikes, tides, hostilities, civil unrest, port closings, emergency debarkations of guests or crew, late air, sea, car or motor coach departures or arrivals, mechanical breakdowns or problems not known to Carnival, itinerary changes consistent with U.S. State Department travel warnings / advisories or other applicable US or foreign governmental advisories, guests will not be provided any compensation. Guests electing to cancel will be subject to the standard cancellation terms."

"If the itinerary change is for reasons within Carnival’s exclusive control"

If the port became unavailable for some reason, that's not within Carnival's exclusive control and no refund.

"Due to the nature of a cruise vacation, itinerary changes sometimes become necessary for safety, weather or other reasons beyond the control of Carnival. If the itinerary change is for reasons beyond Carnival’s exclusive control, including but not limited to safety, security, weather, strikes, tides, hostilities, civil unrest, port closings, emergency debarkations of guests or crew, late air, sea, car or motor coach departures or arrivals, mechanical breakdowns or problems not known to Carnival, itinerary changes consistent with U.S. State Department travel warnings / advisories or other applicable US or foreign governmental advisories, guests will not be provided any compensation. Guests electing to cancel will be subject to the standard cancellation terms."

Good thing they announced the change was because they didn't want to tender while the dock was being upgraded. That's Carnivals decision.

Can't cancel.....tried:(

reason is out of their control.....Tortola's port reconstruction.

They also stated, its within their policy regarding changes to intin. that far into the year.

No worries tho, was able change sailing and to keep my ES booking and get $200 obc.

caveat tho, any price drops for me would have to amount to over $100 per person to make it worthwhile to request a price drop, as it will remove any OBC.

Archived