Warning about Brilliance GS 1530 to 1536

Hello! Just a heads up to those booked in or thinking about a GS on Brilliance under Park Cafe....1530, 1532, 1534, 1536. This would apply to any other Radiance class ships with a Park Cafe as well. These cabins are incredibly noisy from early morning to 2am.

The Park Cafe opens at 6 am....food carts begin rolling in at 5:30 am over tile and wood floors with no carpet like in windjammer. Then, people start sitting at the tables near cafe for a quick bite, scraping chairs in and out. This literally continues all day....in the afternoon from 3 pm to dinner and again from 9pm to 2am, the Park cafe is about the only food venue open....so tons of people get late afternoon or late night snacks, leading to constant chair scraping. All the cabins around us complained, and our room attendant even imitated the sound, saying it drives everyone crazy.

I think RCI execs should go try to sleep more than 3 hours a night in one of these cabins. it was crazy loud all hours, even with earplugs. Just be warned to expect sleeplessness or book GS on other side of ship.

Btw, I will post a review of our cruise soon, but otherwise the Brilliance was great, and our GS was really nice, spacious and in pretty good shape! Our room attendant was awesome, as was the concierge, Anis Tebeb.

Even the other side isn't safe from early-morning noise.

We recently stayed in 1052 on Serenade, and every morning around 4 AM, they would power-wash the deck.

It wasn't just the sound of water, but the lifting and dropping of the hose as they moved around the deck that woke us out of a sound sleep.

DH can go back to sleep, but for me, once I'm awake, that's it!

While not as bad as what you described, it is still disturbing to be forced awake so early.

I had 1100 on the previous cruise and had the constant chair scraping from the outdoor area of the Windjammer, but that wasn't as bad as the loud, "thunking" noise from the 4 AM deck cleaning.

We've had the same problem on the Vision Class ships. So noisy!! It sounded like a bowling alley up above or like planes taking off and landing. We know to avoid those cabins now. I thought maybe the Radiance Class ships were probably the same.

Even the other side isn't safe from early-morning noise.

We recently stayed in 1052 on Serenade, and every morning around 4 AM, they would power-wash the deck.

It wasn't just the sound of water, but the lifting and dropping of the hose as they moved around the deck that woke us out of a sound sleep.

DH can go back to sleep, but for me, once I'm awake, that's it!

While not as bad as what you described, it is still disturbing to be forced awake so early.

I had 1100 on the previous cruise and had the constant chair scraping from the outdoor area of the Windjammer, but that wasn't as bad as the loud, "thunking" noise from the 4 AM deck cleaning.

Hope 1050 is better, I just switched from 1600 to 1050 on our upcoming Brilliance cruise. More switching now and I will probably get banned from my travel agency.:eek:

Hello! Just a heads up to those booked in or thinking about a GS on Brilliance under Park Cafe....1530, 1532, 1534, 1536. This would apply to any other Radiance class ships with a Park Cafe as well. These cabins are incredibly noisy from early morning to 2am.

The Park Cafe opens at 6 am....food carts begin rolling in at 5:30 am over tile and wood floors with no carpet like in windjammer. Then, people start sitting at the tables near cafe for a quick bite, scraping chairs in and out. This literally continues all day....in the afternoon from 3 pm to dinner and again from 9pm to 2am, the Park cafe is about the only food venue open....so tons of people get late afternoon or late night snacks, leading to constant chair scraping. All the cabins around us complained, and our room attendant even imitated the sound, saying it drives everyone crazy.

I think RCI execs should go try to sleep more than 3 hours a night in one of these cabins. it was crazy loud all hours, even with earplugs. Just be warned to expect sleeplessness or book GS on other side of ship.

Btw, I will post a review of our cruise soon, but otherwise the Brilliance was great, and our GS was really nice, spacious and in pretty good shape! Our room attendant was awesome, as was the concierge, Anis Tebeb.

Thanks for the warning -- we have not experienced these cabins specifically, but we do try to be careful when booking cabins under the pool/solarium deck. :eek:

Hope 1050 is better, I just switched from 1600 to 1050 on our upcoming Brilliance cruise. More switching now and I will probably get banned from my travel agency.:eek:

You would have been better off staying with 1600. It's a bit of a different layout, and the balcony isn't very big (what with the huge furniture), but since 1050 is right next door to 1052, you may have the same problem with the deck washing.

Or not.

Guess you'll find out when you get there.:eek:

I will say that we could also hear running and footsteps above, but really, that was to be expected. It didn't bother me, nor did the chair scraping when I was in 1100.

It was just the power-washing and sudden, intermittant "thunking" noises at 4 AM that were a bit disturbing.

I don't mean to scare you, but just a heads-up.

As they say, YMMV.......:)

Edited by ASeaPrincess1

I just up graded to 1534 and all the other suites are gone!

I was so looking forward to these 9 days of relaxation!:mad:

Love to hear from someone else that found this was not so, we are on Serenade.

We have had 1052 on the Radiance which had the Table Tennis table above it - dreadful noise, the sound of the 'ping' and 'pong' and the noise from heavy feet stamping into the ground. They agreed to close the table down every night at 9pm. We had no other noise. Also anyone on the (miniscule) balcony on the Family Suite next door could see right in to our bed:eek:

I am very fussy about where my cabin is because I am a light sleeper but unfortunately, they don't put where the table tennis tables are on the deck plans. We have had friends in some of the forward GS and they have had noise from the pool and Park Cafe so I think they are best avoided. I actually wouldn't do the cruise if they were the only GS available.

Apart from GS1052, we have had 1554 (which we love and have had 3 times - not as private but the open feel is superb), 1556 and 1060. We currently have 1060 booked for our next couple of Radiance cruises - love the balcony and there is no noise from any of these GS.

Cheers

Di