Change a cruise already booked-question

sunny seas

Have booked a cruise for 2019, have few concerns re destination. Now seen a cruise I would prefer but not sure what the situation is regarding swapping. The preferred cruise costs more than the one booked. Just wondering if it's possible to make a change. Haven't enquired with TA yet thought I would ask here to see if any members have encountered a similar situation.

Thanks

Sunnyseas

Yes, contact TA, as long as new cruise costs more than old one and there are avaiable cabins you can change without charge.

There is an admin charge of £100 to change a cruise - we did it a week or two ago. I also think it is only for people booked on select fare.

The change was allowed if:-

The cruise costs the same or more and that has to be a single cruise. We had booked 24 nights on Oceana Med fly cruise this year, but it was sold as one cruise. They are only offering 7 or 14 nights as one cruise for Oceana Med fly cruises next year so we could only book a back to back if the cost of one of those cruises cost the same or more than our original booking. You could re book a higher grade cabin of course.

You have to change the booking before the final balance is due.

The new cruise has to sail with a year of the date that the original cruise was due to sail.

One more point:-

We had booked seat upgrades and extra luggage for flights with Thomas Cook and that was not refundable to us. I am not sure if it may be refundable if the flight had been a P&O charter. P&O had booked us an a non charter flight with TC