Celebrity Cruise/Tour

kontraxed

If you are on a Celebrity Alaska Cruise/Tour - does the Tour portion (Land Based) include meals like it does when you're on the ship? OR, do you have to pay separately for the land based meals? Additionally, I am just assuming that the transportation (trains, busses, etc.) and the overnight stays in various hotels or lodges, would be included in the cost of the Cruise/Tour. I'm trying to figure out what my actual costs would be and I don't find these details to be clearly laid out.

Actually, I just checked our itinerary and there were some tours included as part of our Alaskan cruisetour. Our tour portion was after our cruise. On the first tour day we went on a Resurrection Bay Wildlife cruise, then to the Alaska Sealife Center and Alaska Native Heritage Center. On later days we took the Mt. Alyeska tram ride up the mountain, at Denali we went on the Tundra Wilderness tour. I'm pretty sure we had a tour in Fairbanks. At each stop we could also sign up for add on tours, and given the abundance of day light hours we squeezed in a plane ride around Mt. McKinley, a dog sledding show, the Riverboat trip, Gold Dredge and possibly others that I can't recall. All overnight accommodations, handling of luggage, and transportation (train and bus) between stops were provided by Celebrity. Meals were on our own.

Meals are not included and most will cost 1.5 times what you are used to, unless you are in a high cost area. Transportation and lodging are included. Some excursions are included but there are some that are available for purchase. The optional excursions are not available before the tour but can be booked with your tour guide. You will need a credit card to book.

If you are looking for Captains Club points, you earn them on the cruise tour and the daily rate is equal to the level of stateroom that you booked.