Radiance OTS aft balconies--covered?

NoWhiners

Not an appreciable difference, in my opinion. After a corner aft, we prefer the most centered aft. We've been in Radiance class 9256 (X 3) , 1102, 1104 and 1602 .

I have to disagree with those who state you will have shade every day. While the balcony has covering from the deck above, if the sun is behind the ship, the balcony will be in full sun and can be hot. Depending on the direction of the ship and where the sun is, most, of not all cabins will get some direct sun.

ENJOY

M

Thanks. I know if the ship is pointed certain directions, we won't get shade but I think we will have enough to get by. Never had an aft cabin before so this is very exciting!!

ML

Thanks. I know if the ship is pointed certain directions, we won't get shade but I think we will have enough to get by. Never had an aft cabin before so this is very exciting!!

ML

That's a nice deep balcony. You should find shade no matter what the sun throws at you. :)

We, like the other posters, have had aft on more than 1 ship. It's important to note what the configuration is above you. We had one cruise where we did back to back. First cruise, no noise. Second cruise a 7 am fitness class on the spa deck woke us every morning. The class was offered both cruises but the first batch of cruisers were more late sleepers!

Shade is really dependant on time of day and direction of ship.

Overall we love these cabins and we are not alone, grab it while you can!

We, like the other posters, have had aft on more than 1 ship. It's important to note what the configuration is above you. We had one cruise where we did back to back. First cruise, no noise. Second cruise a 7 am fitness class on the spa deck woke us every morning. The class was offered both cruises but the first batch of cruisers were more late sleepers!

Shade is really dependant on time of day and direction of ship.

Overall we love these cabins and we are not alone, grab it while you can!

Yes, we're on deck 9 so cabins above and below us. Hopefully that will keep noise down.

as long as wet some shade during the day, we can cope. And those long walks to/from the elevators will balance out the food ;)!

We did grab it, and got some perks too. Now the waiting begins...

Yes, we're on deck 9 so cabins above and below us. Hopefully that will keep noise down.

as long as wet some shade during the day, we can cope. And those long walks to/from the elevators will balance out the food ;)!

We did grab it, and got some perks too. Now the waiting begins...

You made a good choice, congrats and enjoy your cruise...and the perks! :) We are on board in August.

Edited by island lady

You made a good choice, congrats and enjoy your cruise...and the perks! :) We are on board in August.

Thanks for the good thoughts and all your help, couldn't have done it without you! Perks were good--should cover our drinks. Now we have to wait a year, but it's a good problem to have.

Have fun in August

ML

Does anyone know if they have a lounger in the bigger aft balconies?

Both times we've had aft balconies (9256 & 1104), we had two lounge chairs, two regular chairs and a small table. I included a picture of the cabin 1104 balcony on the Brilliance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1456363563.322793.jpg.226639a30c43effe0364bf55a76000cc.jpg

Edited by Riff Sniff

Thanks for the good thoughts and all your help, couldn't have done it without you! Perks were good--should cover our drinks. Now we have to wait a year, but it's a good problem to have.

Have fun in August

ML

Awww...you make me do the humble blush. :) I was only too happy to help,

and glad you were able to make the cabin reservation. You will have a fantabulous cruise!

And having to wait a year....just gives you that much more time to enjoy the anticipation! :D

Edited by island lady

• 3 months later...
I can get 7174, 7176 or 7674. Are these all the same or is one better than another?

Thx

ML

We are looking at these same cabins( other decks all gone). Has anyone got any comments regarding these cabins. Is there any noise from the bars underneath. I also noticed there seems to be a projection just below the cabins, I assume giving shade to the public rooms underneath, is this a problem?

Thanks in advance for any feedback