Cabana Differences between Barefoot and Nellies

We are cruising for the first time as a Sky suite guest. We really want an over the water cabana. We understand that the over the water cabanas are reserved for star suite guest first. What is the difference between the Barefoot Beach(reserved for suite guest) and Nellies over the water cabanas? If I reserve a Nellies OTW cabana ahead of time, can we still access the Barefoot Beach area with our suite cards for the upgraded lunch amenities. Is there any other notable difference in the area?

We are cruising for the first time as a Sky suite guest. We really want an over the water cabana. We understand that the over the water cabanas are reserved for star suite guest first. What is the difference between the Barefoot Beach(reserved for suite guest) and Nellies over the water cabanas? If I reserve a Nellies OTW cabana ahead of time, can we still access the Barefoot Beach area with our suite cards for the upgraded lunch amenities. Is there any other notable difference in the area?

Yes you can

No difference besides the fact that the Nellie's Beach area is not access controlled.

I am a reg. guest not a suite guest. I reserved an OWB cabana at Nellie's. How do I know which one is mine? What is to stop someone who hasnt paid from squatting there?

When we were there we got 6 wristbands per cabana, and the cabana attendants were doing the monitoring.

BB is access controlled to suite guest and you need a wrist band. When you get there check in at BB and get a wrist band. Then you can come and go as you please. We have never had a cabana at Nellies only BB (twice). BB is closer to the upgraded buffet and bar. The water seems to be calmer at BB. We have never had an OTW as thought beach front were better with little kids. We were always able to get our cabana requests on BB.

Nellies beach will be crawling with people whereas Barefoot Beach is less congested. Yes you can access it. There are 2 OTW cabanas on Nellies that were not very good - they are right next to the beach on either side and really shouldn't be classified as OTW since your view is of the people on the beach. Email your concierge and they should be able to assist you. If you can get Barefoot - do it. SO much better. You can release the Nellies OTW back into inventory. If the concierge can't help before you board, check when you get on the ship.