Question about Cabins on Empress

Socket

I would love some opinions as to whether the ocean view cabins on Deck 7 of the Empress (7522, 7524, etc.) would be too noisy given that the theater is below them. These cabins are somewhat forward of midship and on the starboard side. Would the ocean view cabins on Deck 3 be quieter? Thanks for any input.

When I cruised on Empress, I had 4604 and it was right below Guest Services, so it was rather quiet. I cannot speak for rooms above the theater, but I aimagien that they would be kind of noisy. However, if you plan on going to the shows, it will likely not make a difference. But, if you do not plan to attend the later shows, then I would recommend picking a different cabin, one that has staterooms above and below it, or, in my case, staerooms above or below, and something else with minimal noise on the other. Empress is a great ship and I know that you will enjoy it!

Check the OVs on deck 8, all the way aft. They are completely unobstructed, with cabins above and below. My TA thought they are a hair bigger than the ones on the lower deck, and I had a nice picture window, as opposed to a porthole like other OVs. Movement is not an issue, they only go 10 knots all the way there, so it's smooth sailing. Plus the ship is small, you are never far from anywhere.

I had 2 (or 3, couldn't tell) women next to me who were VERY noisy, all the time.

The walls are paper thin, I heard every word they said. So your neighbors may cause the noise concerns, rather than a public space.

When I cruised on Empress, I had 4604 and it was right below Guest Services, so it was rather quiet. I cannot speak for rooms above the theater, but I aimagien that they would be kind of noisy. However, if you plan on going to the shows, it will likely not make a difference. But, if you do not plan to attend the later shows, then I would recommend picking a different cabin, one that has staterooms above and below it, or, in my case, staerooms above or below, and something else with minimal noise on the other. Empress is a great ship and I know that you will enjoy it!

I have this exact stateroom booked for my 6/6/18 cruise. Is there anything more you can tell me about this cabin? TIA!