Queens grill accommodations on qm2 - embarkation time?

MalibuCA

My husband and I are taking our first voyage on the QM2. It will be a transatlantic cruise New York to Southampton. We have Queens Grill accommodations. What is the earliest hour that we are allowed to board the ship on embarkation day?

Thanks!

Shelley

My husband and I are taking our first voyage on the QM2. It will be a transatlantic cruise New York to Southampton. We have Queens Grill accommodations. What is the earliest hour that we are allowed to board the ship on embarkation day?

Thanks!

Shelley

Passengers booked for 'the Grills' have priority once past security. Passengers may start boarding after the ship is 'zeroed out' from the previous cruise - so if there are no additional delays that can be as early as 11.

On the other hand, there apparently were some delays last September, and the terminal doors were not opened until 12:30

The official check in time for grills passengers in NY is usually 12 noon or 12:30. It would be rare to be able to board before noon.

You may arrive earlier, but likely will need to wait. Lunch is served in grills din8ng rooms starting at 1pm on embarkation day.

Edited by Hawaii136
V

As a QG passenger, you have priority and can board when you want, as long as the ship is ready to accept passengers. I do not recommend arriving as early as 11:00 as the Red Hook Terminal is not all that comfortable or pretty, and the ship is rarely available for boarding at that early hour. If you are given a check-in time of Noon or a little after, stick to that. Hopefully there will be not huge delays. As another has indicated, the Grills lunch is scheduled for 1:00, so why push it?