december weather

This is my first december cruise (next week). We are going out of galveston to cozumel, roatan, and costa maya on the Liberty. how was the temp in galveston? how long out to sea before it warms up? how warm will it be? will i be able to wear shorts and sleeveless blouse? If anyone just got back, what was the weather? Thanks for any input

This is my first december cruise (next week). We are going out of galveston to cozumel, roatan, and costa maya on the Liberty. how was the temp in galveston? how long out to sea before it warms up? how warm will it be? will i be able to wear shorts and sleeveless blouse? If anyone just got back, what was the weather? Thanks for any input

Weather varies, you have to be prepared for a variety. Sometimes it's very cool in Galveston in December, and it might take a day to a day and a half to get to warmer Caribbean temps.

You just never know. We had snow and freezing temps Thursday night into Friday morning. The week before we were in the 80's. Historically averages for December show temps in the mid to upper 60's in Galveston with lows in the mid 50's.

What is a problem is when the cold front drops really far south and you get down to Cozumel expecting beach weather and it is cold and windy with waves crashing on the pier. We always cruise in January and that has happened to us several times. We tend to do the Roatan, Belize run in January because it gets us a bit further south. We have been disappointed too many times in January with being unable to tender in Grand Cayman due to rough seas and high winds from cold fronts.

Unless Galveston is unseasonably warm, the first day out and last day back will be too chilly for the pool. By the second day and in all the ports, temps will be lovely...warm but not hot like during the summer.